• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conservative Party Conference

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, so they are holding it locally…

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      According to one young Conservative the conference is being held in a dump...

Well get into government and change it.

These youngsters have no get up and go!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...irmingham-dump

A leading figure from the youth wing of the Conservative party has been told to leave Birmingham by the Tory mayor of the West Midlands for describing the city as a “dump”.
      In a public rebuke, Andy Street told Daniel Grainger, the chair of Young Conservative Network (YCN), to leave Birmingham – and to “take anyone with the same views with you”.

It came after Grainger insulted the city, which is hosting this week’s Conservative party conference, on Twitter, writing in a now deleted post: “Birmingham is a dump.”
      Has the Mayor seen Walsall? I love these people who think telling the truth is offensive.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I really don't get you lot. We finally got tax cuts! after years of being squeezed budget after budget with handouts to "less fortunate". Well how that ended? 0 growth for a damn decade

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
          I really don't get you lot. We finally got tax cuts! after years of being squeezed budget after budget with handouts to "less fortunate". Well how that ended? 0 growth for a damn decade
          Interesting to see that you fall for government propaganda. This issue is not handouts to the "less fortunate", it's handouts of billions of pounds to Tory procurement companies who then go into liquidation. The Tories are corrupt on a mega scale but point the finger at the poor.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Interesting to see that you fall for government propaganda. This issue is not handouts to the "less fortunate", it's handouts of billions of pounds to Tory procurement companies who then go into liquidation. The Tories are corrupt on a mega scale but point the finger at the poor.
            Citation required. Preferably one that separates greedy or plain stupid career politicians with no business experience from Tory policy. We have far too many of them across all parties: Labour would have been no different if they had the purse strings.

As for propaganda, attracting the best to the country - especially into banking, our biggest revenue earner - is not a stupid idea, since it will kill off the predations of the German and French exchanges who are still stuck with bonus caps. And attracting the kind of people that create the wealth is hardly a bad idea.

You could also look at how much money is being spent on supporting "the poor" - which you appear to think is anyone on less than about £50k a year.

By all means cavil about the long term cost of all this, which is scary, but you also need to be a bit more selective in your quoting of "propaganda".
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Citation required. Preferably one that separates greedy or plain stupid career politicians with no business experience from Tory policy. We have far too many of them across all parties: Labour would have been no different if they had the purse strings.

As for propaganda, attracting the best to the country - especially into banking, our biggest revenue earner - is not a stupid idea, since it will kill off the predations of the German and French exchanges who are still stuck with bonus caps. And attracting the kind of people that create the wealth is hardly a bad idea.

You could also look at how much money is being spent on supporting "the poor" - which you appear to think is anyone on less than about £50k a year.

By all means cavil about the long term cost of all this, which is scary, but you also need to be a bit more selective in your quoting of "propaganda".
              If your concerned about the banking industry then it was rather foolish to vote for Brexit and lose banking jobs to the EU.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

If your concerned about the banking industry then it was rather foolish to vote for Brexit and lose banking jobs to the EU.
                Since this is general, you're talking childish bollocks.

HTH...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Has the Mayor seen Walsall? I love these people who think telling the truth is offensive.
                  Whataboutory.. these Tories will be going nowhere near Walsall unless they get lost on spaghetti junction.

Why not pick somewhere else a similar distance to Brum centre like Solihull or Sutton Coldfield?
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Watching an interview with our glorious leader on the BBC.

She has just thrown Kami Kwasi under a bus.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Watching an interview with our glorious leader on the BBC.

She has just thrown Kami Kwasi under a bus.
                      That was only a matter of time. Got to love the Tories
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X