• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£1.00 = $1.047 History is made

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I'm thinking about selling some US investments bought at $2 = £1 about 20 years ago.
    I'm in similar boat, about a third of my pension is made up of shares bought in USD when £1 was around $1.65-1.70 as well as Swiss francs and Euros.

Comment

I should see if I can get any work with former US clients wanting a bit doing...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

R4 Today programme idiot trying to get some economist person (I wasn't paying much attention) to say they were wrong about their predictions because sterling recovered by a whole cent against the dollar. I turned the radio off because it was getting too much like a Philomena Cunk interview but far less entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          R4 Today programme idiot trying to get some economist person (I wasn't paying much attention) to say they were wrong about their predictions because sterling recovered by a whole cent against the dollar. I turned the radio off because it was getting too much like a Philomena Cunk interview but far less entertaining.
          I watched some Jonathon Pie yesterday. It was suppose to be comedy but he sounded like every talk radio presenter since the "statement".
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Unfortunately the BBC has lost its independence since the Tories appoint their favoured director general
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...n-crispin-odey

Remainers are to blame for the run on the pound

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...n-crispin-odey

Remainers are to blame for the run on the pound
                Bloody hell - really? That worn out crappy excuse?
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Bloody hell - really? That worn out crappy excuse?
                  Aren't they to blame for most things? The B word seems to be blamed for everything.

Maybe the strength of the Dollar is a bit of a factor?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Aren't they to blame for most things? The B word seems to be blamed for everything.

Maybe the strength of the Dollar is a bit of a factor?
                    Or the incompetence of Truss and Kwateng possibly?
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Or the incompetence of Truss and Kwateng possibly?
                      Incompetence? How so? We've stagnated for years, a step change was required. Perhaps this is it.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X