• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where would you travel for short trips, on your own?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    FTFY. Get yourself a TT and you'll have the ladies all over you.
    Yeah but only because the want to buy his car.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      Learn to fly, and you can go anywhere you like. Here is a chart of some of my recent trips (in yellow):
      Funny because when I was single and moved back to Manchester I didn't know anyone so pretty lonely time. Everyone said take up a hobby to meet people. Rather stupidly I took up scuba diving. Hard work making friends 20m down underwater. I'd guess flying a 2 seater is somewhat similar

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        Far East.
        South Korea, Japan. There's lot's to the far east outside the usual sex tourist haunts (I assume OP isn't interested in this. If they are there are better sources of information about the "Glitter-Trail").

I travelled for work to the far east several tikes, on my own, and didn't feel out of place (other than usual culture shock).
        So OP is asking for recommendations for short trips and you suggest the other side of the world? OK

Comment

In 1990ish a bought a BMW Z1, it was a real eye opener on how women reacted. I even had one climb in without invitation but I told her to p-off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMWZ1.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	405.9 KB
ID:	4232629
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

In 1990ish a bought a BMW Z1, it was a real eye opener on how women reacted. I even had one climb in without invitation but I told her to p-off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMWZ1.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	405.9 KB
ID:	4232629
            are you saying earthwomen are easy?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I had that a couple of months ago when going to pick up my lad in town. Pretty scary. Thankfully after some annoyed words and cajoling from her mates she got out but not a situation I want to be in again. It's a no win situation for a bloke. I don't know why, in this day and age, they think that's a good move.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I had that a couple of months ago when going to pick up my lad in town. Pretty scary. Thankfully after some annoyed words and cajoling from her mates she got out but not a situation I want to be in again. It's a no win situation for a bloke. I don't know why, in this day and age, they think that's a good move.
                you shouldn't have asked if she was working!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	BMWZ1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	405.9 KB ID:	4232629
                  Sure she didn't fall in since there's no door?
                  Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Only time had anything similar was a drunk lad thinking we were a taxi or something... hate driving through town with people all over the road oblivious to what's going on around them.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sure she didn't fall in since there's no door?

Ah, the doors

Last edited by Paddy; 12 September 2022, 16:02.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Now you're learning. It also helps if you're good looking and hunky like me
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X