• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are we still just in the moaning phase?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we still just in the moaning phase?

Someone let me know when it’s revolution time.

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

its called foreplay!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've got some old tyres I no longer need
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

12 years of "this time we're going to fix it" and "it's everyone else's fault" and "but look at something else"
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The strikes haven't started properly yet....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            12 years of "this time we're going to fix it" and "it's everyone else's fault" and "but look at something else"
            Like the banking crisis and Iraqi WMDs? Oh hang on they weren't even under the Tories.
            Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            The strikes haven't started properly yet....
            And are an excellent opportunity for Liz if she plays it right (not betting on it)
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Like the banking crisis and Iraqi WMDs? Oh hang on they weren't even under the Tories.

And are an excellent opportunity for Liz if she plays it right (not betting on it)
              well she didn't do badly at PMQs.

100 days to blow our socks off.

I suggest in no particular order

1. Fracking
              2. Nuclear
              3. Prepare for automation
              4. Upskill workforce
              5. Encourage people back to work.
              6. Increase minimum wage so in work benefits fall.
              7. reorganise NHS to be as efficient as private organisations should be.
              8. Deal with illegal immigration
              9. reduce crime by adding resources, technology CCTV + AI and willingness to prosecute then put people in prison. People who are no threat to the public on tag not in prison. e.g. Fraudsters and internet offenders unable to use internet or have a private bank account. DUI tagged and cars available to them chipped so they can't drive them.
              10. Build lots of homes all to Passivhaus standard.
              11. wind turbines
              12. Solar
              13. energy storage and dynamic grid loading/shedding
              14. Hydrogen vehicles.

any more?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

TBH I think we've been in the moaning phase since Og complained about the burns he got from Ug's fire.

It's deeply ingrained in our nature. We even moan when things are going well.
                Chief Executive, FCSA
                - Former CEO OF IPSE
                - LtdCo Contractor for 20 odd years before that
                - Former Chair of IPSE nee PCG

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

Thing is not every one in the UK is struggling. Many people are doing well. And others are still comfortably numb.

If energy prices got to £1000 per month, you would still see some people taking skiing holidays or buying expensive cars.

I saw a tweet yesterday https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/statu...nLM9FxzCeEwF7w
                  Philip Schofield and Holy what's her name. Where people could phone in and win the cost of their energy bills.

Guy who had phoned in said he was on a pre-payment meter. They had no idea what he was talking about.

But still the OZ's do call us whingeing poms

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

Thing is not every one in the UK is struggling. Many people are doing well. And others are still comfortably numb.

If energy prices got to £1000 per month, you would still see some people taking skiing holidays or buying expensive cars.

I saw a tweet yesterday https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/statu...nLM9FxzCeEwF7w
                    Philip Schofield and Holy what's her name. Where people could phone in and win the cost of their energy bills.

Guy who had phoned in said he was on a pre-payment meter. They had no idea what he was talking about.

But still the OZ's do call us whingeing poms
                    There is a thread on that https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ow-prizes.html
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X