• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New TV show prizes!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New TV show prizes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2022-09-05-16-34-08-53_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	4231881We pay your energy bills
    https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/...oOEtn997Q&s=19
    Last edited by SueEllen; 5 September 2022, 15:36.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Phil and Holly are now famous in Russia -
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-b1023471.html

Russian propaganda is using Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby’s ‘Spin to Win’ wheel to get a This Morning viewer’s energy bills paid as a morale-boosting victory for their tactic of shutting off the West’s energy supply.

The Kremlin has closed gas pipelines into Europe, in apparent retaliation for unprecedented sanctions imposed in the wake of the Ukrainian invasion .

Now the Russian propaganda machine looks like it is revelling in British people’s struggles to pay soaring bills with the ITV competition - criticised as “Dystopian”- appearing on state-sponsored TV.

The screenshot featuring a Russian newsreader was shared by BBC journalist Francis Scarr who “watches Russian state TV so you don’t have to”.

Comment

We spent years funding Russia and running down our own industry.

If we had gone green we wouldn't even notice the price rises.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I enter online raffle comps and they've been doing a tank of petrol as a prize for quite awhile now. A few didn't put a cap or specify normal or premium fuel. I won one and put a bill in of nearly 140 quid for 74 L of premium unleaded. Had a proper argument with them but got my money. They'd only budget for about 80-90 quid . I assume other people were filling their mates range rovers up or just cheating with teh reciept so they've quickly disappeared.

The smart ones that put a cap on the compeition offered a cash alt as well which I suspect This Morning will when someone wins it. Easier just to pay a cash alt than bugger about working out the actual energy so in both cases it isn't really paying for it, it's just a cash prize with an alternative name.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 7 September 2022, 20:42.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I enter online raffle comps and they've been doing a tank of petrol as a prize for quite awhile now. A few didn't put a cap or specify normal or premium fuel. I won one and put a bill in of nearly 140 quid for 74 L of premium unleaded. Had a proper argument with them but got my money. They'd only budget for about 80-90 quid . .

Comment

Working...
          X