• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get Checked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

"This is just something that happens to a lot of men of your age" is not the right attitude. You must to be referred to a urologist You will need a flow test/s. You will also need a urology endoscopy and possibly a urinary tract CT Scan. It could be a polyp in the tract (the endoscopy can cut that out) or prostate issues which can be relived with drugs. My wee is better than 15 years ago after treatment. Don't be fobbed off.
    I'm having the flow issues at the moment, really should get myself seen. Had similar a few years ago and some tabs helped (enlarged prostate), but seems it's back again.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

You seem a bit young for that problem Whorty. I've got no major probs by old fart standards, loony lady 1 stops for a pee a lot more than I do.

Round here there's a charity that offers free PSA tests every couple of years. Handy.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        You seem a bit young for that problem Whorty.
        Please don't start that BS.

Lots of people end up dying because doctors, let alone members of the public, decide they are too young for a particular illness. Until we genetically test everyone to help predict illness no-one showing signs and symptoms is too young.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Please don't start that BS
          Don't know about prostate cancer but enlarged prostate is mostly an age thing.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Had a quick think about this, and I can only come up with skin*, throat, mouth and thyroid. No one gets cancer of the big toe.

*Which reminds me, I must make an appointment about this new blemish that's turned up. Flat, circular, non-itchy, red and 1cm in diameter.
            Please get that checked. My Dad has stage 4 melanoma diagnosed a mere 8 weeks ago because he ignored a lump and now he's going to be dead before Christmas from a secondary cancer on the brain that's turned him blind and screwed up his mobility. He also has a tumour on his lungs but it's the one in his head that will do for him as at some point it's going to trigger a massive bleed, we just don't know when exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Please get that checked. My Dad has stage 4 melanoma diagnosed a mere 8 weeks ago because he ignored a lump and now he's going to be dead before Christmas from a secondary cancer on the brain that's turned him blind and screwed up his mobility. He also has a tumour on his lungs but it's the one in his head that will do for him as at some point it's going to trigger a massive bleed, we just don't know when exactly.
              Oh I am so sorry to hear that, its difficult to say anything positive with such news. Do say all you want to him and support your mum as she will be lost for a bit after he departs.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Oh I am so sorry to hear that, its difficult to say anything positive with such news. Do say all you want to him and support your mum as she will be lost for a bit after he departs.
                Thanks. Mum's being assessed for dementia but has to wait 20 weeks to be seen for that.

We're all pretty pragmatic in our family, which can seem harsh to people outside. Hopefully he just goes to sleep one day and doesn't wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Had a quick think about this, and I can only come up with skin*, throat, mouth and thyroid. No one gets cancer of the big toe.
                  Bob Marley died from cancer that started under the nail of his toe.

https://www.smoothradio.com/artists/...ed-conspiracy/
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Sorry to hear that Same got Mr ms's brother (only 52) - he hadn't ignored his lump tho - had it removed and was told nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Bob Marley died from cancer that started under the nail of his toe.

https://www.smoothradio.com/artists/...ed-conspiracy/
                      The CIA !! Or poor personal hygiene

Comment

Working...
                      X