• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One Lady owner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Lady owner

So little Mrs FraidyCat, crashes into a pole and flips our Mini. No other car involved, bit of an unforced error.
    Luckily no one hurt, except for a few minor bruises, could have been worse but she never speeds and the airbags successfully deployed.
    Although when a bit of smoke from the engine entered the cabin she thought she was done for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 23.02.48.png
Views:	328
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	4231484

The Car, shown above, is a write off for sure.
    I was wondering how much we should expect from the Insurance company? (one of the bigger insurance firms )
    The Auto trader buying valuation is as follows, but i have no idea what the insurance company will offer.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 23.04.45.png
Views:	248
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	4231485

I bought the car in 2019 for a bit less than the private guide price listed above.

It will be market rate of the at the time of the claim. The actual amount will vary depending on insurers. If you are with a bigger firm and paid a little more you are less likely to have to quibble. If you've gone for the cheapest you can find it's likely to be bottom end and you will have to argue.

Start looking around and taking evidence of cars of excacly the same model, mileage, colour etc (or as close as you can get it) and save the evidence in case the insurers try and low ball you. No point just picking the most expensive ones out of the list, they aren't that daft but just enough to counter their offer which might not buy any of the similar cars available.

Last I heard is they use the Glass's guide for prices so if you know anyone in the trade you could ask them what their guide says so you can be forewarned.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

When a friend of ours wrote her car off the insurers (Direct Line) sourced and supplied a matching vehicle (spec, colour and similar mileage), so I guess it depends on the insurers.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
        So little Mrs FraidyCat, crashes into a pole and flips our Mini. No other car involved, bit of an unforced error.
        Luckily no one hurt, except for a few minor bruises, could have been worse but she never speeds and the airbags successfully deployed.
        Although when a bit of smoke from the engine entered the cabin she thought she was done for.

I was wondering how much we should expect from the Insurance company? (one of the bigger insurance firms )
        The Auto trader buying valuation is as follows, but i have no idea what the insurance company will offer.

I bought the car in 2019 for a bit less than the private guide price listed above.
        Hope the insurance was in her name and she wasn't just a named driver..

But just use Autotrader to find suitable replacements and go from there - it's a mini though so be very careful matching up the options as its very difficult to see if the car listed has the same options as the one you had (mine has adaptive cruise so the odds of finding an exact replacement would be about zero)
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Hope the insurance was in her name and she wasn't just a named driver..
          This is where statistics don't tell the facts. Many females drive on their partner's or BF's insurance. When said female has an accident it goes down as a claim by the policy holder. It is then claimed that women make less claims and are safer drivers. In my own experience, the only two claims I made was when GF was driving. Other times I can recall my car being hit while I was stationary on four occasions all by women two which were hit and run.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Sorry I know this isn't answering your question and I'm glad to hear everyone's OK, but I have to ask, what actually happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

This is where statistics don't tell the facts. Many females drive on their partner's or BF's insurance. When said female has an accident it goes down as a claim by the policy holder. It is then claimed that women make less claims and are safer drivers. In my own experience, the only two claims I made was when GF was driving. Other times I can recall my car being hit while I was stationary on four occasions all by women two which were hit and run.
              Oh I say little and remember the common crime of buying a car for a child and then adding them as a secondary driver when they are the only person driving it.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Oh I say little and remember the common crime of buying a car for a child and then adding them as a secondary driver when they are the only person driving it.
                The insurance term for this is 'fronting'

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/legal/fronting-and-car-insurance/

Comment

No idea but posting photos of your wife's misfortune comes across as a little 'Clarkson'

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                    No idea but posting photos of your wife's misfortune comes across as a little 'Clarkson'
                    I'd agree. If my other half saw me post this she'd go absolutely ballistic. No need to go in to that level of detail and post a picture to ask this question so summat weird going on. But it is Fraidycat. I'd say it's almost unbelievable but don't want to say while his other half may have actually been hurt in an accident. Very weird.

Really crappy picture as well. How is it possible to have such a bad picture in this day and age?
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 31 August 2022, 17:02.

Comment

Working...
                    X