• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merging Two Bedsits Over a Kebab Shop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s on…

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Got architect lined up also (who said planning permission is best to get anyway), freehold is owned by an Ltd in which all flat owners get a share, it's pretty small block with good neighbours so I am not expecting big problems on that end.
      I bet they are!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It’s on…
        Cripes

Maybe I do need to leave the country

Comment

my merging of basement flat and house is becoming painful.

1) The council said they cannot merge for council tax till I have sorted the vlauations agency
          2) valuations agency said 'they always say that, but you actually just need to get the street number changed'
          3) council charged £1760 to merge the addresses. Only easy bit so far
          4) council rang today (yes a Saturday) to tell me that I still need valuations to reband the property (I reckon it will go from Band E to F, bu that is cheaper than Band E and a Band A)
          5) the scrote who lived in thew flat fecked off leaving a £3k electric bill. Luckily I was never the landlord so not my problem and the smart meter means I can pay only for what I've used (about 1.5 kWh in 2 months)
          6) still waiting for an architect, structural engineers, planning and building regs
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

You can change address/council tax before getting planning permission?

Am just starting on architect front first, they will handle most of this tulipe (at least planning, building regs, oversight on actual work)

Comment

Working...
            X