• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merging Two Bedsits Over a Kebab Shop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might be best to simply contact the local council planning office - contrary to popular belief it's their job to help you and in my experience, they are much less awkward when it's clear you are trying to do everything properly.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why don't you just buy the kebab shop as well? Will be pocket change for you won't it?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Right, looking into buying a bedsit next to mine on top of a kebab shop, so thinking to double up my master bedroom to about 100 sq ft (heavily rounding up here for me street cred). Seller is throwing in free kebabs for 99 years.

Planning permission in theory is not required... or is it?
        Presumably both properties currently have their own addresses, own title deeds etc ... so I'd find it hard to believe planning permission is not required.

Unless you own the lease to the building, you'll need to get the landlord's permission, and at a price.

Get proper legal advice, and try not to rely on strangers on a forum who quite frankly know next to nothing about anything.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Thanks for feedback all, but Jesus Christ - anybody seriously believed in flats being actually over a kebab shop and combined being 100 ft? Guess I should have clarified that I don't live in London

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Get proper legal advice, and try not to rely on strangers on a forum who quite frankly know next to nothing about anything.
            Thanks buddy, that's already done.

Comment

Got architect lined up also (who said planning permission is best to get anyway), freehold is owned by an Ltd in which all flat owners get a share, it's pretty small block with good neighbours so I am not expecting big problems on that end.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Why don't you just buy the kebab shop as well? Will be pocket change for you won't it?
                Grade II listed, with covenants long enough to make baby Jesus cry...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Hang on; double to 100sqft? A 50sqfr bedroom is rather small, are you sure?
                  Looking at making proper Master bedroom, prolly going to be 500 sqft

Comment

P.S. Mordy broke the thread

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Looking at making proper Master bedroom, prolly going to be 500 sqft
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Ellis_bordel_09.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	627.3 KB
ID:	4230024
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X