• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

wibbly wobbly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wibbly wobbly

https://metro.co.uk/2022/08/14/south...wave-17181334/

Britain has got so hot safety barriers on a dual carriageway appear to have buckled in the heat.

The barriers are so deformed they actually meet in the middle of the central reservation on stretches of the A63 in east Yorkshire.

National Highways said heat was ‘not being ruled out’ but the buckling might have been caused by ground conditions.

Steel crash barriers are at risk of changing shape when subjected to extreme heat, in the same way as railway tracks.

Oh, barriers! After SE's thread thought might be about more inneresting wibbly wobbly things.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Friends glass table spontaneously shattered during the night. I thought that it would be impossible until I Googled and found other incidences. In any event I never liked glass tables.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Oh, barriers! After SE's thread thought might be about more inneresting wibbly wobbly things.
        Barrier cream for wibbly wobbly things

Click image for larger version

Name:	fresh-breast-cream-underboob-rash-remedy.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	4229855
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Barrier cream for wibbly wobbly things

Click image for larger version

Name:	fresh-breast-cream-underboob-rash-remedy.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	4229855
            There are other areas apart from breasts? News to me that
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Friends glass table spontaneously shattered during the night. I thought that it would be impossible until I Googled and found other incidences. In any event I never liked glass tables.
              Is that the story they told you ..... did you check his hair for shards of glass, or her buttocks for splinters of glass?
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I have seen a glass bug spontaneously shatter once, when I was a kid.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In any event I never liked glass tables
                  You preferred it without the glass table in the way?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You don't have to try hard on here for the thread tone to become low....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X