• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Southampton Flats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I don't think I've ever been to Southampton.
    You only ever cruised from Portsmouth then?
    The flat idea is simply the thought of having somewhere nice to stay pre and post cruise rather than the 5 hour drive from ones mansion up North With interest rate busting inflation already here such an asset might be worthwhile but probably not

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

You only ever cruised from Portsmouth then?
      The flat idea is simply the thought of having somewhere nice to stay pre and post cruise rather than the 5 hour drive from ones mansion up North With interest rate busting inflation already here such an asset might be worthwhile but probably not
      I've only done one cruise! And yes, that was from Portsmouth.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wightlink-ferry-in-Portsmouth-Harbour.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	4228252
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Did that ~ 6 months ago to IOW. Wandered around Portsmouth en route. Seemed nice but didn't experience the night time. Wonder if they've got any prossies?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Portsmouth is a much nicer cruise port than Southampton simply because its much smaller. Never had a problem from Portsmouth, drive in and park, cross carpark to terminal, check in and get on ship Last few times from Southampton its been sit in a traffic jam for an hour or so to get into the docks followed by multiple long queues before getting on board hot and bothered and fractious Still a glass of bubbly and a couple of martini's normally sorts the system out

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

Portsmouth is a much nicer cruise port than Southampton simply because its much smaller. Never had a problem from Portsmouth, drive in and park, cross carpark to terminal, check in and get on ship Last few times from Southampton its been sit in a traffic jam for an hour or so to get into the docks followed by multiple long queues before getting on board hot and bothered and fractious Still a glass of bubbly and a couple of martini's normally sorts the system out
              Did you bump into NLyUK while they were working?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Did that ~ 6 months ago to IOW. Wandered around Portsmouth en route. Seemed nice but didn't experience the night time. Wonder if they've got any prossies?
                It's a port. I'd say it was a dead cert that there were many flavours of people with negotiable affection available.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wightlink-ferry-in-Portsmouth-Harbour.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	4228252
                  I've been on the cat to IoW but not the ferry

Comment

You rode your cat to the IOW?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I don't think I've ever been to Southampton.
                      I spent 3 months at Philips Semiconductors/Mullard.

It's shut now, mostly because I worked there.

My Jonah effect is remarkable.

The carpark had signs telling you not to park under the pylons due to the incredible amount of tulipeHawktulip.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X