• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hosepipe Bans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Used them plenty of times, going back 30 years I reckon. In fact a handy trick is to put one or two of them in your proper BBQ - less time spent cleaning up.
    I suppose you'd like campers and caravanners and sailing types to lug a BBQ around with them? Portable ones are great for that sort of thing as they stack and store neatly... very nice to have a BBQ on a deserted island as the sun sets with your yacht anchored nearby.
    I do lug one round with us in the motorhome. Weighs a whole 12kg, including gas. And I do that because I gave up with portable BBQs that aren't hot enough to cook a steak properly or burn long enough to cook chicken pieces and sausages. Used a hibachi for a while but that is a faff to clean out afterwards (usually next morning since its too hot to handle for a few hours after use), so went back to non-authentic but highly flexible gas.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Used them plenty of times, going back 30 years I reckon. In fact a handy trick is to put one or two of them in your proper BBQ - less time spent cleaning up.
      I suppose you'd like campers and caravanners and sailing types to lug a BBQ around with them? Portable ones are great for that sort of thing as they stack and store neatly... very nice to have a BBQ on a deserted island as the sun sets with your yacht anchored nearby.
      I have a static charcoal pizza/smoker/BBQ and I line the charcoal tray with foil. After use the chromed grill goes in a tray of warm water & washing up liquid in the morning the bits come off and I empty the cold charcoal out of the tray and wash the charcoal tray up. dead easy.

Did use a disposable one for vegetarians and then Halal meats.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

I do lug one round with us in the motorhome. Weighs a whole 12kg, including gas.
        Sorry I thought we were talking about BBQs not outdoor gas-hobs.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sorry I thought we were talking about BBQs not outdoor gas-hobs.
          Here's a mad idea. Read my my post again, properly, and in the context of the post I was responding to.

I would rather use charcoal - and do at home. It's just not practical away from the house.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Here's a mad idea. Read my my post again, properly, and in the context of the post I was responding to.

I would rather use charcoal - and do at home. It's just not practical away from the house.
            Yes I did, because it was my post you were responding to, in which I said carrying a proper BBQ was impractical.
            It's nice that you want to point out how much you agree with me.

Comment

And another one if you live in Kent and Sussex
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

One reservoir in Basingstoke is now a housing estate, one in Sandown IOW is now a housing estate. The chalk borehole and pumping station in Winchester that used to supply water to the city is now a block of flats.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

One reservoir in Basingstoke is now a housing estate, one in Sandown IOW is now a housing estate. The chalk borehole and pumping station in Winchester that used to supply water to the city is now a block of flats.
                  Well done private water companies!
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It's the lefties like you who want to keep building houses and promoting increasing population.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Well actually it was the Government, when privatisation happened the companies were told to sell off excess supply to fund the initial set up costs, thereby avoiding any tax payer monies. Unfortunately the supply is no longer in excess.
                      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                      X