• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How wonderfully British

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Isn't the point that the hedge has overgrown a path or verge originally wide enough to push a wheelchair along safely? Therefore a little bit of logic tells you there is room to cut the hedge without going into the road. Perhaps Safety Sally types like yourself would need the road coned off. I cut the verge next to my house as well as the weeds which restrict visibility, the idea I'd call the council out is laughable.

I'll give your suggestion the due amount of thought. Bit ironic that you're pushing your nose in to tell me to pull mine out though.
    If its YOUR hedge then you are required to get it trimmed. If it is not then you may be committing criminal damage.

The point it is the councils job to trim these hedges and after 2 years begging them to trim them as they are required to by law for safety, She has had no luck hence the protest.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Isn't the point that the hedge has overgrown a path or verge originally wide enough to push a wheelchair along safely? Therefore a little bit of logic tells you there is room to cut the hedge without going into the road. Perhaps Safety Sally types like yourself would need the road coned off. I cut the verge next to my house as well as the weeds which restrict visibility, the idea I'd call the council out is laughable.

I'll give your suggestion the due amount of thought. Bit ironic that you're pushing your nose in to tell me to pull mine out though.
      This response proves your lack of empathy. For a practising christian that is pretty sad.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

This response proves your lack of empathy. For a practising christian that is pretty sad.
        he is practising!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

he is practising!
          He's a total hypocrite with an attitude like that.

Like I said to him, live in someone's shoes for a few days then have a view. Until then, he needs to wind his neck in as he has no idea how complex the world is already for those in wheelchairs.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Good on her but couldn't help noticing she appears to be awfully brown all over with next to no tan lines. Doesn't look the type that will be on the sunbed everyday. My money is on naturist so she's having the last laugh as she actually covered up for this protest.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

He's a total hypocrite with an attitude like that.

Like I said to him, live in someone's shoes for a few days then have a view. Until then, he needs to wind his neck in as he has no idea how complex the world is already for those in wheelchairs.
              chill I was taking the mick out of him.

Many years ago I heard this saying "Religious people who spend all week breaking the teachings of God and spend Sunday morning being absolved - I prefer people who are just good all the time!"

It made sense to me, so many rich people trying to fit through the eye of a needle and they are smaller than camels.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Good on her but couldn't help noticing she appears to be awfully brown all over with next to no tan lines. Doesn't look the type that will be on the sunbed everyday. My money is on naturist so she's having the last laugh as she actually covered up for this protest.
                Still quite a bold protest.

Comment

Working...
                X