• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How wonderfully British

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

They definitely do that on purpose round here, on verges that are not walked on. However they tend to seed them not let them just grow weeds... very nice to see a roundabout effectively a wildflower meadow. Saves on petrol use too mowing them.
    trimming your bush is supposed to partially effective against certain insects.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Hah the Metro you know that is the Wail in a dress with false nails?
      Yep but they have younger opinion writers.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

We get that on our local village FB group, someone will post a photo of a dog turd on their front door step and a hundred will comment about how disgusting it is, but dare you ask if they cleared it up you'll get torn a new one. They'd rather walk through it for a week and demand "the owner clears this up before I call the police".
        If they clean it up the dog will continue to poo there. Which is why they leave it, threaten to report the irresponsible owner to the police and get the council to clean it up.

It's actually a council issue and when councils had more money some of them would take DNA samples from the poo, so when they caught the dog in action they could prosecute the owner.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Hah the Metro you know that is the Wail in a dress with false nails?
          And a boob job

Comment

Actually should she do so the Council may well prosecute her, because she is damaging someone else's land.

You are not allowed to go round doing things to other people's property. She has followed the rules and the council has ignored her, the issue is now on the front of the tabloids so she played a blinder!
            Damn, I hate it when I have to agree with you .. but I do ....
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

In the real world, just nip out and do it, don't let the council jobsworths scare you from doing the right thing. Better yet get a few neighbours as a working party. Like clearing the snow from the doorsteps on your street. British people should favour common sense over some of the stupid rules.
              You're the one lacking common sense here ... do you not see in the pick how close the hedge is to the road and if she did it she'd be putting herself in danger. If the council do it, as they should, they would close off the verge side carriageway to keep the workers safe.

And this won't be an isolated area, as I often found out when taking my late wife out in her wheelchair. Councils have a duty of care to all it's residents, but especially the most vulnerable. Dangerous situations like this is why some people become housebound as they are too nervous, or just can't, get very far.

Until you've lived in someone else's shoes, and experienced how difficult it is to get around in a wheelchair or mobility scooter, I suggest you wind your neck in as you have no idea the daily challenges that the disabled face just to attempt to live a normal life.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

We're missing the obvious question...

"Would MTT?"
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Damn, I hate it when I have to agree with you .. but I do ....
                  it gets easier!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Yep but they have younger opinion writers.
                    Metro 'borrow' off Crayola & club penguin rather than Bored Panda & Whispr.sh?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You're the one lacking common sense here ... do you not see in the pick how close the hedge is to the road and if she did it she'd be putting herself in danger. If the council do it, as they should, they would close off the verge side carriageway to keep the workers safe.
                      Isn't the point that the hedge has overgrown a path or verge originally wide enough to push a wheelchair along safely? Therefore a little bit of logic tells you there is room to cut the hedge without going into the road. Perhaps Safety Sally types like yourself would need the road coned off. I cut the verge next to my house as well as the weeds which restrict visibility, the idea I'd call the council out is laughable.

Until you've lived in someone else's shoes, and experienced how difficult it is to get around in a wheelchair or mobility scooter, I suggest you wind your neck in as you have no idea the daily challenges that the disabled face just to attempt to live a normal life.
                      I'll give your suggestion the due amount of thought. Bit ironic that you're pushing your nose in to tell me to pull mine out though.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X