• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax the childless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax the childless

Did this not get picked up last week?

Some great 'thinking' by a lovely right wing nut-job.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b00a9334ea7083
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

It's an academic thought experiment. Academics have weird and wacky ideas all the time, they don't make the main news because they are not worth reporting
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Rather than tax the childless they could give people with kids more tax breaks.

Like increase the personal allowance for every child they have.

But they wont do that.

They did the opposite 10 years ago.

Removed child benefit for people earning over 50-60K. Hitting one of the demographics having the fewest kids, High earning women.
      Last edited by Fraidycat; 12 July 2022, 17:01.

Comment

Because it is a tulip and mean idea that no reasonable person thinks is ok.

And if you want people to have children give them a carrot e.g. tax breaks rather than hitting them with a stick.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          It's an academic thought experiment. Academics have weird and wacky ideas all the time, they don't make the main news because they are not worth reporting
          It did make the main news ... it's on Beeb, Torygraph, all the main news sites.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

But having more children will kill the planet?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Only if they are children in developed countries like USA,Kuwait, UK etc.

Comment

Tax those who live on hereditary wealth that has been passed through the family for generations/centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I know that was tongue in cheek, but the UK needs a much younger population to help support the top-heavy age pyramid we currently have. So more children - within reason - would be a good thing. Euthanasia or a major uncontrolled pandemic are alternative options.....

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

I know that was tongue in cheek, but the UK needs a much younger population to help support the top-heavy age pyramid we currently have. So more children - within reason - would be a good thing. Euthanasia or a major uncontrolled pandemic are alternative options.....
                    We discussed this before.

My self-serving solution is importing younger working aged immigrants and convincing a lot of them to leave before they need to use lots of state services.

Comment

Working...
                    X