• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax the childless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Please, Enoch Powell, point me to where I said “opening the flood gates”

You’re the one who has said that you don’t want immigrants to contribute to the economy, at a time when we have unfilled job vacancies, you want them to be living off tax payers, the same tax payers who then pay for them to leave the country.
    Enoch Powell who predicted volume of immigration, positive discrimination, race riots, inequality, use of race as a weapon to prevent justice.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/wh...ong-15854.html

His batting average is slightly higher than most. Sadly no one wanted to hear it and the face of our country is changed forever without a plan or a care for the consequences. We can't even build enough houses for the newcomers.

Have you seen the homeless numbers where half are of foreign birth and a third are ex forces (depending on area). Thankyou for your service now lay quietly in that doorway.

I have said I don't want illegal immigrants / bogus asylum seekers to come to the country. Desperate to support your generous spending of others money you decide to smear me by attempting to bring race into it again & again.

There isn't a shortage of labour.

There is a shortage of people willing to do crap jobs for crap wages. The reason hospitality & Airports can't get any workers is that the pay is near minimum wage and the jobs are pants oh don't forget they tried sacking and rehiring at lower wages I imagine that has built confidence in prospective employees. I have linked to a number of reports and sources that demonstrate this and reputable employers who are offering basic big company benefits who are having few problems getting reasonable staff.

Cheap labour is not good for our economy its subsidised by the tax payer so it ends up a cost we all subsidise so large multinationals can make massive profits overseas.
    Sorry you find these facts hard to understand. Do we need crayons?

I do wonder, we all gasped at the audacity of P&O sacking everyone to cut costs but you want to make it Country policy...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Enoch Powell who predicted volume of immigration, positive discrimination, race riots, inequality, use of race as a weapon to prevent justice.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/wh...ong-15854.html

His batting average is slightly higher than most. Sadly no one wanted to hear it and the face of our country is changed forever without a plan or a care for the consequences. We can't even build enough houses for the newcomers.

Have you seen the homeless numbers where half are of foreign birth and a third are ex forces (depending on area). Thankyou for your service now lay quietly in that doorway.

I have said I don't want illegal immigrants / bogus asylum seekers to come to the country. Desperate to support your generous spending of others money you decide to smear me by attempting to bring race into it again & again.

There isn't a shortage of labour.

There is a shortage of people willing to do crap jobs for crap wages. The reason hospitality & Airports can't get any workers is that the pay is near minimum wage and the jobs are pants oh don't forget they tried sacking and rehiring at lower wages I imagine that has built confidence in prospective employees. I have linked to a number of reports and sources that demonstrate this and reputable employers who are offering basic big company benefits who are having few problems getting reasonable staff.

Cheap labour is not good for our economy its subsidised by the tax payer so it ends up a cost we all subsidise so large multinationals can make massive profits overseas.
      Sorry you find these facts hard to understand. Do we need crayons?

I do wonder, we all gasped at the audacity of P&O sacking everyone to cut costs but you want to make it Country policy...
      So, you're admitting that you lied about your claim of "opening the flood gates"
      Sorry you find facts hard to understand, but you've said you don't want people doing work as it ruins the economy and you don't want people on benefits, and you don't want homeless ex-forces, so how about having social housing for the homeless, and preventing private landlords from charging exorbitant rents?
      If you're saying that no one can afford to work for low wages, then why vote for parties that don't want to raise minimum wages? Why talk about the hospitality industry if it's full of agents taking big margins to get people jobs?

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH the tax evoiders friend View Post

So, you're admitting that you lied about your claim of "opening the flood gates"
        Sorry you find facts hard to understand, but you've said you don't want people doing work as it ruins the economy and you don't want people on benefits, and you don't want homeless ex-forces, so how about having social housing for the homeless, and preventing private landlords from charging exorbitant rents?
        If you're saying that no one can afford to work for low wages, then why vote for parties that don't want to raise minimum wages? Why talk about the hospitality industry if it's full of agents taking big margins to get people jobs?
        OK for the hard of thinking or those just messing.

I said that is what you want to do. I didn't lie I just see you & others proposing importing labour to undercut the locals. This is what has been happening for decades and the resulting stagnation of wages and the pressure on housing & services have deprived the population of the lifestyle they deserve. If you doubt this is the case look at Gate Gourmet or truck drivers.

The change of the UK's ethnicity in 50 years is pretty startling, in only 10 years its changed by millions. We haven't managed that we have too few houses for the population before a three fold increase in immigration since 1990.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...rewherearewego ing/2020-03-27

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/bri...-uk-population

I don't want anyone homeless or starving however it does seem that we are failing our ex forces by not housing them because they are single & childless (that is how the rules work) giving a preference to someone who arrives with kids. VA hospitals & housing would not be a bad idea then maybe fewer of our service personnel would kill themselves or end up as addicts
        We need to build more houses, reduce population growth until we can service it.

I am a fan of social housing however once in it they subsidise for your life and your children's lives , a council house can be as valuable as a lottery win. Then we sell them off so there are none for the homeless. How do you fix that? You have no tax money anymore.

Globalisation has dropped company taxes 1970 = 4-4.5%, now 1% of GDP. Automation will drop personal taxes.

https://ifs.org.uk/taxlab/key-questi...nged-over-time

If you want to subsidise large multinationals so they can pay below subsistence wages go ahead. With Automation they will be able to do that in 10 years anyway so why not get in ahead and make them pay decent wages so automation via government assistance (so we get to tax it) is attractive.

This line seems pretty straight

oddly it is steeper when those nasty Tories are in! Maybe labour forgot about the minimum wage?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...April_2016.svg

I'm talking about Hospitality, Airports & Airlines as they have reaped the whirlwind of them abusing staff, fire & rehire stops being effective when staff can vote with their feet. You keep feeling sorry for those nice rich multinationals and keep allowing them to screw workers while paying little tax I will continue to suggest there is another way!

If you are worried about the Trumphole countries many of these economic migrants come from it makes sense for us to trade with them and drag them out of despotism. If their most adventurous citizens are coming over here they are hardly going to improve are they?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X