• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Johnson Resigns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnson Resigns

Johnson Resigns BBC slow to announce
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

That's why I listen to the radio and use twitter.

BBC is very slow.......
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

He is resigning as leader of the Tory party but not as PM.

Apparently him and Carrie have no where big enough for them all to live.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        He is resigning as leader of the Tory party but not as PM.

Apparently him and Carrie have no where big enough for them all to live.
        I think the normal process is to vote for a new head of party and then there is a change of PM
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I think the normal process is to vote for a new head of party and then there is a change of PM
          He's not normal.....

Comment

Isn't this more of an "announcement of intention to resign"?

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
              Isn't this more of an "announcement of intention to resign"?
              He's currently writing both statements and will choose one at the podium.

Comment

It's a better resolution than simply walking away. We still have a PM in position, the plotting and backbiting will transfer to the leadership candidates so he can get on with the other problems we face, and it can all be done in a reasonable timescale.

Only question now is who's next. A poor selection of mostly chancers and yesterday's men but I would look to Nawhadi or Lord Frost myself - which probably guarantees it won't be either!
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Nawhadi or Lord Frost myself - which probably guarantees it won't be either!
                  Who is this Nawhadi character?

Can't be Frost, realistically, because he's not an MP and there is probably not a pathway to him becoming one soon enough (for it to be sustainable). It has been way more than a hundred years since someone governed from the Lords.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Who is this Nawhadi character?

Can't be Frost, realistically, because he's not an MP and there is probably not a pathway to him becoming one soon enough (for it to be sustainable). It has been way more than a hundred years since someone governed from the Lords.
                    Early morning brain fog. I meant Zawahi...

Frost might have a way in. There's one MP at least who may have to resign, perhaps two.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X