• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Johnson Resigns

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Johnson Resigns"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Baddish View Post
    Will Priti Priti stay in the cabinet? A strong principilled woman - I do not necessarily agree with all the policies that are designed to target the migrant peoples but she was loyal to Mr Johnson to the end. This Gove, I do not like one little bit.
    A certain Mrs May sacked Priti Patel for going behind the government's back and having secret meetings with the Israeli government. So she isn't that loyal. Also Home Secretaries aren't liked.

Gove isn't standing. He's already lost his marriage to being in politics.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've been here 15 long years and since day 1 people have been saying IT is dead, contracting is over, etc... here we all still are.
    But the premium between contracting and perm has been shrinking over the years.
    Was a time you could take home (after tax) 3 or even 4x what you could as a permie.
    Now the take home ratio is about 2x if outside, and if inside IR35 it is about 1.5x.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 7 July 2022, 16:13.

Leave a comment:

• Baddish
    replied
    Will Priti Priti stay in the cabinet? A strong principilled woman - I do not necessarily agree with all the policies that are designed to target the migrant peoples but she was loyal to Mr Johnson to the end. This Gove, I do not like one little bit.
    Last edited by Baddish; 7 July 2022, 16:14.

Leave a comment:

• Destiny2
    replied

The doom-sayers can all get out and leave work for the rest of us then. I've been here 15 long years and since day 1 people have been saying IT is dead, contracting is over, etc... here we all still are.
    Infosys and his wife?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

Not compared to the rest of them. A smart, educated and hard-working son of immigrants he isn't from a privileged background prior to marriage and both his siblings are pretty big achievers too seemingly on merit. He did back Boris and Brexit but nobody is perfect
    I agree that it's a weak field, and he's probably the only one among them that could win the next election (largely due to his pandemic profligacy), although probably not very convincingly. However, he's shown himself to have very poor political judgement. He totally mishandled the aftermath of those revelations about his own status (GC) and his wife's status (non dom) - the peevish mind-your-own business crap was completely naïve and rather pathetic. His wealth is largely irrelevant IMHO, but probably not to much of the electorate during a cost of living crisis. Aside from that, he's evasive about his beliefs - it's total BS that he's an "instinctive tax cutter" etc. I think he is quite likely to melt in the spotlight - being PM is very different than any SoS, even Chancellor.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Not to mention that he is also a liability.
    Not compared to the rest of them. A smart, educated and hard-working son of immigrants he isn't from a privileged background prior to marriage and both his siblings are pretty big achievers too seemingly on merit. He did back Boris and Brexit but nobody is perfect

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I can't see Rishi getting the job. His wife is a liability
    Not to mention that he is also a liability.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

But she could fund the entire election campaign

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
    If Rishi becomes PM, all of us who work in IT can kiss our employment goodbye and go work in retail!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
    If Rishi becomes PM, all of us who work in IT can kiss our employment goodbye and go work in retail!
    The doom-sayers can all get out and leave work for the rest of us then. I've been here 15 long years and since day 1 people have been saying IT is dead, contracting is over, etc... here we all still are.

Leave a comment:

• Destiny2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	JM-1Screenshot from 2022-07-07 14-25-34.png
Views:	71
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	4225000Click image for larger version

Name:	JM-2Screenshot from 2022-07-07 14-26-11.png
Views:	67
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	4225001

John Major has written to the 1922 Committee to tell them not let BJ stay on as caretaker -
    https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/...iY05F10GQ&s=09
    Last edited by SueEllen; 7 July 2022, 13:27.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Still lying his way through his resignation speech
    He can't tell the truth even when he has no reason to lie.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Still lying his way through his resignation speech

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X