• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They're all leaving...Sunak and Javid Quit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The country has been doomed for years - the blind worshipping of the Conservative Party, the manipulation to convince their followers that the “Main Stream Media” is all left wing, that BLoJo is the best Prime Minister ever, that Brexit has been completed and is an overwhelming success (or where it’s not a success it’s because of everyone else). Calling everyone who didn’t go to Oxbridge “Elite”, and members of the Bullingdon Club aren’t. You want to see the problem? It’s Newspeak.
    Couldn't have put it better myself. Well, I could but it would have had loads of c**ts and f**ks in it.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The country has been doomed for years - the blind worshipping of the Conservative Party, the manipulation to convince their followers that the “Main Stream Media” is all left wing, that BLoJo is the best Prime Minister ever, that Brexit has been completed and is an overwhelming success (or where it’s not a success it’s because of everyone else). Calling everyone who didn’t go to Oxbridge “Elite”, and members of the Bullingdon Club aren’t. You want to see the problem? It’s Newspeak.
      Is George Orwell of the syllabuses yet?

That's btw partly why the government wants to stop poor people doing Humanities degree. Can't have more enlightened people as they will be uncontrollable.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The Solicitor General, Alex Chalk MP for Cheltenham resigned last night.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/sol...ns-2022-07-05/

Comment

why the government wants to stop poor people doing Humanities degree
          Wow, please cite your reference.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/nati...lt-humanities/

(Along with several other outlets which can be found using an internet search engine)

It appears the person causing the problem was Nadhim Zahawi, but at least he's been sacked as the Education Secretary, so his control over finance will have gone.
            Oh, no, wait...
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Every time I go and do something else more resign.

BTW if Boris Johnson calls a snap general election his own seat isn't safe.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post

I didn't need to cite a reference because I was stating something that has been quoted in lots of place in the last few weeks, and I thought this forum contained people who were up to date with current affairs (or at least had the skill to Google).

Comment

13 have gone.

Robin Walker (who?) Schools minister in the last minute

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Every time I go and do something else more resign.

BTW if Boris Johnson calls a snap general election his own seat isn't safe.
                    I'm going for a run in a bit, expecting most to have gone by time I get back.

qh
                    Last edited by quackhandle; 6 July 2022, 10:46.
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Make or break for lots of careers here depending which mast you nail your flag to. Resigning a classic play for a future leadership bid but I am a bit surprised anyone really thinks Boris can survive. Maybe they think his original fan-base will reward their loyalty?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X