• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investment opportunities in the uk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I'm hearing of landlords exiting the rentals market due to gov'mint interference ruining their profits
    Not sure why you laugh.
    Similar thing happened to the contracting market, lots of contractors exited due to 'gov'mint interference ruining their profits', like IR35 and allowing cheap IT workers in.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Not sure why you laugh.
      Similar thing happened to the contracting market, lots of contractors exited due to 'gov'mint interference ruining their profits', like IR35 and allowing cheap IT workers in.
      I laughed because I thought it funny that someone would think it was an investment opportunity and gave the reason why I thought it was funny.

I think you've had one of these:

Comment

Being good landlord also means you need ability to avoid bad tenants . It’s a business just as any and you have to swim or you’ll drown

no sympathy to section 21 evicters and you just need a reason why you’re evicting which seems fair enough .
        Nothing to see here

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
          to make hedge funds rich? I’ll pass
          You're leaving a lot gains on the table with that attitude, even capital appreciation in your real estate is in part due to the speculative markets.

Right now the ISA allowance is pretty decent and in a long enough time frame you can grow a nice little pot, back dated SIPPS are also lucrative. I also divest a % of excess Ltd. capital in stocks and shares (II has a corporate account), and occasionally add a BTL depending on market conditions, personally I prefer capital growth over yield.

The most lucrative investment strategy known to man is doing the opposite of whatever is posted here: https://www.tradingview.com/u/without_worries/

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
            The most lucrative investment strategy known to man is doing the opposite of whatever is posted here: https://www.tradingview.com/u/without_worries/
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
            X