• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investment opportunities in the uk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investment opportunities in the uk

So aside from being landlord, where’s the money ?

Stock market?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarman View Post
      Stock market?
      to make hedge funds rich? I’ll pass

Comment

All mortgages paid off?
        All loans (car, phone, etc) paid off?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          All mortgages paid off?
          All loans (car, phone, etc) paid off?
          Repaying 1.6% loan ? I’m looking for better opportunities than that

Comment

There's always lots of stuff out there. Depends really on your risk appetite and your available funds for investment.
            I have used to have hundreds of these things on my desk before I retired.
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
              There's always lots of stuff out there. Depends really on your risk appetite and your available funds for investment.
              I have used to have hundreds of these things on my desk before I retired.
              Name a few ? Genuinely curious
              Last edited by GitMaster69; 1 July 2022, 22:37.

Comment

Bitcoin. Oh, wait.

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post

Name a few ? Genuinely curious
                  Best I can do on that is link you to a page on my website here.
                  if you scroll down to the 2 embedded documents, thats everything I had either on advertising or that I was personally working on when I hung up my boots.
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
                    Repaying 1.6% loan ? I’m looking for better opportunities than that
                    Unless it’s fixed at 1.6% for the next few years, it’s not going to stay there very long.
                    And while you might look at %ROI, it’s maybe also looking at actuals. 1.6% of £100,000 is the same as 16% of £10,000, so unless your investments are close to the value of your debt, or the ROI is greater than the annual interest on the debt, then you’re still paying out more than you make.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X