• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any plans this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baddish View Post

Yes it was nice but I dropped my handy from the top of a slide and now I can't access my workspace because I cannot do the 2 way authentication because it it broken :-(
    Couple of days not billing won't kill you I'm sure. Just enjoy the time off.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Couple of days not billing won't kill you I'm sure. Just enjoy the time off.
      It is my opinion that this is unacceptable. This technology is supposed to be making life easier not being a hindrance.

Comment

It is my opinion that this is unacceptable. This technology is supposed to be making life easier not being a hindrance.
        The technology works.
        What you should be finding unacceptable is that you dropped your phone.
        The technology makes life easier, but it doesn't prevent human error - dropping your phone.

If you went into the office, would you be able to connect? Is it just remote connections that you can't do because you dropped your phone?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The technology works.
          What you should be finding unacceptable is that you dropped your phone.
          The technology makes life easier, but it doesn't prevent human error - dropping your phone.

If you went into the office, would you be able to connect? Is it just remote connections that you can't do because you dropped your phone?
          Are you trying to tell me that you haven'nt had an accident before in your life?

Comment

Not really true. 2FA is a necessary hinderance to keep IT systems safe. The overall outcome is easier but there are still hoops to jump through. If you broke your phone you can't work for a few days. Seems perfectly acceptable to me.

Comment

Are you trying to tell me that you haven'nt had an accident before in your life?
              No, I'm not saying that.
              But when accidents happen, where it is not the technology's fault that it was dropped, then I don't blame the technology - unlike you.
              Sometimes you have to accept responsibility for your actions and accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

No, I'm not saying that.
                But when accidents happen, where it is not the technology's fault that it was dropped, then I don't blame the technology - unlike you.
                Sometimes you have to accept responsibility for your actions and accidents.
                it is my opinion that there should always be a back up way of doing things for when you cannot access the technology.

When I take flight I have boarding card on my handy but I always have paper print out copy to cover for the many eventualities that may occur.

With this MFA that doesn't seem to be an option and I don't find this acceptable.

Comment

With this MFA that doesn't seem to be an option and I don't find this acceptable.
                  Unlucky.

Comment

should be more careful then

Comment

it is my opinion that there should always be a back up way of doing things for when you cannot access the technology.

When I take flight I have boarding card on my handy but I always have paper print out copy to cover for the many eventualities that may occur.

If it's important, and you are accident prone, then have a second phone as a backup. Otherwise, what would be your suggestion for a paper printout solution equivalent of your boarding pass?

What is your backup plan for if you break the computer you use to do your work on?

Comment

Working...
                      X