• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wimbledon 2022

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

In the interests of balance, Nadal also has a huge bum. Commentary included "when Nadal's playing, watch his bottom".
    Unfortunately not met either of them but other fans who have, have said they are courteous.

I only applied for Wimbledon once and got tickets for the mens' final, the year Djokovic beat Anderson. Which was good but Anderson got to the final after coming back from 2 sets down against Federer so I was a bit sad I so narrowly missed out watching Roger and Novak play a Wimbledon final, which is about as good as tennis gets.
    I lined up once and got to see some of my childhood tennis heroes playing in the seniors.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
      One of the few stadiums left on my wish list is Wimbledon. Not sure why I haven't got around to attending as yet.

I used to love mens' tennis and hate the womens' game, complete turnaround now though I find the mens version as dull as dishwater
      I haven't been to many big stadia but SW19 was a great experience (except it was about 30C). Going for the final, the one thing we missed was seeing all the smaller courts which are really intimate. Would certainly recommend it.

And interesting on M/F tennis. I can see watching two big servers getting dull but they're all so ridiculously athletic these days. I don't see how anyone can find Novak boring to watch.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I haven't been to many big stadia but SW19 was a great experience (except it was about 30C). Going for the final, the one thing we missed was seeing all the smaller courts which are really intimate. Would certainly recommend it.

And interesting on M/F tennis. I can see watching two big servers getting dull but they're all so ridiculously athletic these days. I don't see how anyone can find Novak boring to watch.
        The power and athleticism is undoubted but it's so predictable at the moment. The girls are more unpredictable so make for a bit more entertainment.

As an aside but related, I had never seen professional tennis up close and personal.

However I was walking through Regents Park on my way to work a few years ago and I wandered down the side of the tennis courts where I had to stop to watch in total shock and awe on how hard and fast and so close to the net these two guys were hitting the tennis ball, I was stunned I just didn't get the sense of speed and power whilst watching on TV.

Turns out the guy I was watching was Kyle Edmund who was GB No.2 to Murray at the time, I can only imagine how fast the ball must travel when Novak and Rafa are playing.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Not moved yet. That's on the 8th. Taking some tat over this weekend as I don't want to risk the movers dropping the Bolly.
          It's very nice. Windows a bit too secure though.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X