• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

30p to make a cooked meal - Tory Hypocrisy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30p to make a cooked meal - Tory Hypocrisy

Lee Anderson MP claims it takes only 30p to make a cooked meal
    People should be made to attend a 'budgeting course' before being allowed food from a food bank.
    yet Lee Anderson MP claims £25 per day for meals and £222,000 per year in travel and incidental expenses.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

A slice of toast IS a cooked meal.

Comment

That's assuming you've scraped together enough money to buy food that will serve multiple meals.

But it's not helpful to anyone if you can't afford the initial outlay to get the right staple ingredients in your cupboard.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
        You're not accounting for the additional £17 cost for electricity to toast the bread

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          That's assuming you've scraped together enough money to buy food that will serve multiple meals.

But it's not helpful to anyone if you can't afford the initial outlay to get the right staple ingredients in your cupboard.
          Or herbs, spices, oil, etc.

Comment

Apparently a toast sandwich with pepper is quite tasty.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Further, it gives no leeway. You have one emergency - kid needs new shoes - and your money is gone.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

30p is probably a bit tight but under a £1 a head is entirely possible.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/fo...living-crisis/

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...s-what-7113243
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                30p is probably a bit tight but under a £1 a head is entirely possible.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/fo...living-crisis/

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...s-what-7113243
                This must be a copy and paste article from many years ago, the budget is over-spent in the first three ingredients.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Apparently a toast sandwich with pepper is quite tasty.

Further, it gives no leeway. You have one emergency - kid needs new shoes - and your money is gone.
                  I dropped out of university in the early 1990's for a year and ended up working a really tulipty factory job.

I saw first hand how that people with full time jobs who worked really hard could also be poor and it infuriates me when people preach thrift to people in poverty.

Comment

I dropped out of university in the early 1990's for a year and ended up working a really tulipty factory job.

I saw first hand how that people with full time jobs who worked really hard could also be poor and it infuriates me when people preach thrift to people in poverty.

Whilst it is possible that there are many people in poverty the situation is not as simple as many paint it. I have friends/associates that do not help themselves.

Plenty of people who claim poverty also smoke, drink, run costly vehicles etc.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ved/2018-03-14

A person’s likelihood of smoking1 increased in line with the level of deprivation in their neighbourhood2, according to new analysis by Office for National Statistics (ONS) and Public Health England.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X