• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-majority.html

Humiliation for Macron as French voters make him pay for his 'arrogance' - and turn to the far-right: President LOSES majority while Marine Le Pen's National Rally gains more seats than ever
    • Macron's alliance fell well short of majority needed to push through agenda
    • Voters turned against his 'arrogance' and voted for far-right and left parties
    • Marine Le Pen's party increased their seats more than tenfold in best results
    quelle surprise...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Yes, it used to be considered a bad thing when European countries lurched further to the right, but now right-wing ideologies are presented as centre, as history repeats itself. Hurrah for Le Pen!
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Yes, it used to be considered a bad thing when European countries lurched further to the right, but now right-wing ideologies are presented as centre, as history repeats itself. Hurrah for Le Pen!
      Lurching to the left normally kills more innocents. Ask Stalin.

The point is that whatever he is trying to sell is not working anymore with the voters.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        This is what happens when centrist elites don't actually address people's concerns and the right/left seem to have the 'answers', but they don't!
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

This is what happens when centrist elites don't actually address people's concerns and the right/left seem to have the 'answers', but they don't!
          Absolutely and it's happening more and more. I don't really do politics but I can't understand why the large parties are scraping through in multiple countries don't think why they are failing and look at their policies to try appease the angry voters. Most don't want the right leaning parties in, it's just a way to voice how unhappy they are so why don't the main parties re-think some of their policies to suit the voice of the angry public? They are there to serve the public so never gets me why they don't listen.
          Don't have to move to the right, just re-think some of the policies that are pushing people away. These are generally immigration based and it's only going to get worse.

It's not going to be a long before a far right group actually wins one of these situations outright and absolutely no one wants that really do they?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Absolutely and it's happening more and more. I don't really do politics but I can't understand why the large parties are scraping through in multiple countries don't think why they are failing and look at their policies to try appease the angry voters. Most don't want the right leaning parties in, it's just a way to voice how unhappy they are so why don't the main parties re-think some of their policies to suit the voice of the angry public? They are there to serve the public so never gets me why they don't listen.
            Don't have to move to the right, just re-think some of the policies that are pushing people away. These are generally immigration based and it's only going to get worse.

It's not going to be a long before a far right group actually wins one of these situations outright and absolutely no one wants that really do they?

Comment

This is the worry, I want a balanced government run by honest people that run the country for the good of everybody. Currently we have a bunch of liars and crooks and an opposition so incompetent they can't get elected with the door off the hinges exposing the governments failings. It seems to be that way across Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

This is the worry, I want a balanced government run by honest people that run the country for the good of everybody. Currently we have a bunch of liars and crooks and an opposition so incompetent they can't get elected with the door off the hinges exposing the governments failings. It seems to be that way across Europe.
                To be fair, from my limited experience with politics this is pretty much the standard. Has been through all of history and will continue to repeat itself forever from what I can see. Just a matter of picking the worst of the bunch. But surely if the party in power wants to stop the decline to a car crash exit of power they just need to listen to, and absorb what is becoming the majority voice.

The third option above is a far right party that have one agenda and no idea how to run everything else in the country. Not good.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My prediction is that the Labour party will parachute in Tony Blair to a safe seat and have him installed as leader by the next GE. He's the only one that can win it for them.

Comment

To be fair, from my limited experience with politics this is pretty much the standard. Has been through all of history and will continue to repeat itself forever from what I can see. Just a matter of picking the worst of the bunch. But surely if the party in power wants to stop the decline to a car crash exit of power they just need to listen to, and absorb what is becoming the majority voice.

The third option above is a far right party that have one agenda and no idea how to run everything else in the country. Not good.
                    Or a far left party e.g. Russia, China or North Korea , overly religious like the Mad Mullahs and the Bible belt, or a far too racially motivated party such as in Zimbabwe and many African / Arab tinpot republics or anyone supporting BLM for government.

Stop obsessing about the far right, the nutters are in Far X organisations of all types. Stalin killed more than Hitler without even trying.

what we need are people with sense not nutters.

Comment

Working...
                    X