• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Boris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattster View Post

You certainly implied that BJ wasn't a "vote loser" in the same way that May was, but whatever.

I'm not super excited by Starmer but boring competence does have a certain appeal. More than the moral vacuum it is the utter uselessness and lack of any kind of policy direction at all that really does my head in with the current government.
    Boris Island? Boris Burrow? What happened to all the freeports that were going to be like mini Singapores?

Comment

I'm not super excited by Starmer but boring competence does have a certain appeal. More than the moral vacuum it is the utter uselessness and lack of any kind of policy direction at all that really does my head in with the current government.
      Can you imagine going back to a time when you could ignore politics unless it was an issue that really involved you personally? That's what you get with Starmer.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Can you imagine going back to a time when you could ignore politics unless it was an issue that really involved you personally? That's what you get with Starmer.
        Sign me up!

Comment

Little as I like Boris' personal behaviour, until recently I would probably on balance prefer to maintain the status quo especially now Rishi is damaged. I still see no obvious replacement but neither can I see any real way back at the next GE without a big public change to the party. There is no easy win to be had in terms of recovery - as post-Covid there seemed to be - as it looks like things are only going to get worse globally due to various reasons.

Starmer is a centrist and at least a competent, clever person so maybe not the worst thing he has it for a few years and takes all the blame without doing too much additional damage.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sign me up!
            If Starmer gets in there will be a massive Keynesian splurge on public infra-structure projects, the economy will bounce back and people will be saying "we've never 'ad it so good" until a few years later it goes belly up because money doesn't grow on trees and the Tories have to clear up the God awful mess left by Labour again. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post

If Starmer gets in there will be a massive Keynesian splurge on public infra-structure projects, the economy will bounce back and people will be saying "we've never 'ad it so good" until a few years later it goes belly up because money doesn't grow on trees and the Tories have to clear up the God awful mess left by Labour again. Rinse and repeat.
              You mean exactly what the Tories have done - told us we've never had it so good, and remember 1974, and we'll balance the books, etc, but in over a decade, they have reduced services, made lots of promises and delivered extremely little - apart from lining the pockets of their mates.

This is why some people don't deserve better than Boris, because their mindset is that Tories are the perfect party, and no one else can have a clue.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A Tory (or Labour) leader who steals all the good ideas from the opposition is fine by me. I don't really care if they take credit for it.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

As opposed to what ? A massive borrowing splurge on useless PPE, non existent ferry routes, BBL Fraud and Track & Trace ? So what state are the country's finances in now, in comparison to the god awful mess that Labour left ?
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

As opposed to what ? A massive borrowing splurge on useless PPE, non existent ferry routes, BBL Fraud and Track & Trace ? So what state are the country's finances in now, in comparison to the god awful mess that Labour left ?
                    Got a short memory haven't you? There was no money left, Labour splurged the lot instead of fixing the roof when the sun was shining as any decent fiscally conservative government should have done. Then 2008 came along and the rest is history.
                    Last edited by Guy At Charnock Richard; 10 June 2022, 14:50.

Comment

Got a short memory haven't you? There was no money left, Labour splurged the lot instead of fixing the roof when the sun was shining as any decent fiscally conservative government should have done. Then 2008 came along and the rest is history.
                      And you think there's more 'money left' now ??
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X