• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Planning Permission

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning Permission

If your council is anything like Cornwall, then don't bother with planning permission. Just do what you want and, even if you get dobbed in, you'll probably get away with it. They take no action against virtually all breaches of planning.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/co...es-led-6733365

Case in point...

A bloke in our area bought an agricultural field which is in an AONB. He applied for and got permission to erect an agricultural barn, with the strict condition that it was only used for agricultural purposes.

He installed a kitchen and bathroom in it. Installed a septic tank. Then opened a retail shop and started trading. Many of us dobbed him in to Planning Enforcement. They investigated and confirmed multiple breaches of planning but in the end decided to take NFA. The guy's now saying he's going to open a cafe and mini golf course (without planning of course). If if he goes ahead, I'm not sure it's even worth reporting it.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    If your council is anything like Cornwall, then don't bother with planning permission. Just do what you want and, even if you get dobbed in, you'll probably get away with it. They take no action against virtually all breaches of planning.

Case in point...

A bloke in our area bought an agricultural field which is in an AONB. He applied for and got permission to erect an agricultural barn, with the strict condition that it was only used for agricultural purposes.

He installed a kitchen and bathroom in it. Installed a septic tank. Then opened a retail shop and started trading. Many of us dobbed him in to Planning Enforcement. They investigated and confirmed multiple breaches of planning but in the end decided to take NFA. The guy's now saying he's going to open a cafe and mini golf course (without planning of course). If if he goes ahead, I'm not sure it's even worth reporting it.
    Of course he will get away with it - he just needs to fill a larger brown envelope.

In my part of Essex every cash rich wideboy tradesperson has extended their house so many times they look like the International Space Station.

Comment

You need to report the council to the national press and hope they pick up the story.

Councils like many other companies and organisations frequently only behave properly when they get media attention from a serious outlet.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh, and BTW, he's now applied for planning permission to build a house on the land using the (unlawful) shop as justification for why he needs to live on site.

I guess even he didn't fancy his chances building a house without PP.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          You need to report the council to the national press and hope they pick up the story.

Councils like many other companies and organisations frequently only behave properly when they get media attention from a serious outlet.
          I'm leaving that to a chap whose house backs on to the land. His wife said he nearly burst a blood vessel when he received the letter from the Council saying they were taking NFA. Knowing him, he definitely won't let it drop.

Comment

They don't tolerate this in the Cotswolds

‘We’re just not used to it’: Clarkson farm shop causes stir in the Cotswolds | Jeremy Clarkson | The Guardian

Jeremy Clarkson says goodbye to his Diddly Squat farm shop following temporary closure - Mirror Online

Jeremy Clarkson Diddly Squat restaurant should not be allowed - council - BBC News
            Last edited by Gibbon; 27 May 2022, 13:02.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Case in point...

You sound like the kind of killjoys that got Jeremy Clarkson's farm shop shut.

edit: LOL Gibbon beat me to it.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                You sound like the kind of killjoys that got Jeremy Clarkson's farm shop shut.
                Is there a miserable mean arrogant bastard round your way that no-one likes? Well, wait until they do something near you without PP and you might not be so tolerant.

Comment

Is there a miserable mean arrogant bastard round your way that no-one likes? Well, wait until they do something near you without PP and you might not be so tolerant.
                  No but it sounds like your neighbour has plenty. Suckling at the government's teat telling you what you can do on your own land.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

No but it sounds like your neighbour has plenty. Suckling at the government's teat telling you what you can do on your own land.
                    Trolling doesn't suit you.

Comment

Working...
                    X