• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting spin in the quoted story - Biden is "Almost half", but trump is only a tiny 42.4%

The Twitter account @POTUS is handed from one president to the next, whereas @POTUS45 is Trump and always will be.
    So if Trump has 42% fake accounts following him now, what % of them are still following @POTUS ?
    How many of the followers of @POTUS only signed up to follow Biden?

It's almost like there's some spin/bias going on to portray Trump as an honourable genius.
    Who would support a right wing egomaniac with multiple failed marriages and businesses as being a great leader?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

If results is all that matters. Some of us still believe in acting honourably.
      oh dear well you will never be a billionaire then.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Interesting spin in the quoted story - Biden is "Almost half", but trump is only a tiny 42.4%

The Twitter account @POTUS is handed from one president to the next, whereas @POTUS45 is Trump and always will be.
        So if Trump has 42% fake accounts following him now, what % of them are still following @POTUS ?
        How many of the followers of @POTUS only signed up to follow Biden?

It's almost like there's some spin/bias going on to portray Trump as an honourable genius.
        Who would support a right wing egomaniac with multiple failed marriages and businesses as being a great leader?
        Boris had failed businesses?

It is interesting that either are at that level of fake , I had assumed 5-10%.

One can sympathise with Musk if that many are fake that really does affect the value.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Maybe it's just me but there I can't see how there a chance in hell that only 5% are fake. That's a ludicrous claim to make surely? Is it smoke and mirrors where they count don't count a person having a couple as being 'fake'? My lad has a few and none of his mates have more than one. Various reasons such as lost passwords/hacked email and probably more nefarious ones but still, are the extra ones classed as fakes?

I had a play with twitter briefly back in the day so not a regular user but if someone told me 45% were fake I'd believe that. If they said 50% plus I'd find that more believable than 5. Or is it that just me?
          I guess it's down to the definition of fake too ... is a stooge sitting in a room with 20 accounts posting spaff supporting Boris/Starmer (delete as appropriate) fake because he/she has more than one account, or is it classed as Ok as the person is real?

I set up an account about 10 years ago, logged on once, not logged on since. Couldn't see the point in Twitter. I'm guessing are a lot of accounts like mine too.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I guess it's down to the definition of fake too ... is a stooge sitting in a room with 20 accounts posting spaff supporting Boris/Starmer (delete as appropriate) fake because he/she has more than one account, or is it classed as Ok as the person is real?

I set up an account about 10 years ago, logged on once, not logged on since. Couldn't see the point in Twitter. I'm guessing are a lot of accounts like mine too.
            So you are one of the insufficiently active accounts...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

oh dear well you will never be a billionaire then.
              I think there are quite a few billionaires who are quite decent and moral. But I'll settle for just the 100m as the sacrifice for a clear conscience
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think there are quite a few billionaires who are quite decent and moral. But I'll settle for just the 100m as the sacrifice for a clear conscience
                You are that guy who won the Euromillions...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

One can sympathise with Musk if that many are fake that really does affect the value.
                  Not really. Firstly, why didn't he do research beforehand? Secondly, as previously stated he uses removing fake/bot accounts as one of his big motivations to acquire Twitter in the first place.

Like saying "I want to buy this derelict building and restore it" then complaining "it's not in great condition, you know" after you have an offer accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You are that guy who won the Euromillions...
                    I couldn't buy Twitter but I could buy CUK. Make CUK Great again.

Comment

I couldn't buy Twitter but I could buy CUK. Make CUK Great again.
                      We've had a chat, I reckon that if you split £50million evenly, three ways between the mods, we can sort something out.
                      £20million to cojak
                      £20million to me
                      and CHF10million to NAT.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X