• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End oil colonialism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Ah, I see ... because they didn't have European style land deeds, but instead relied upon their own cultural norms, then it's ok to just take their land? I assume you think it's ok the native North American and Australians also lost their lands in the same way?

Theft is theft mate.

Again, stop deflecting, it's only you talking about slavery. This thread is about land grabs.

Nice victim blaming there ... blame the African's for the carving up of their continent and nations. Maybe the below map will give you a clearer picture of how foreign nations stole Africa (not any Arab countries there) (20th century - yes it started before that, but this is the race for Africa.).

No one is saying the UK was the worst (or the best), that's all in your little Wail brain.

OK we won't talk about slavery if the west hadn't intervened it would still be happening (oh sorry it is, but at least it is now illegal not state sponsored).
    Who actually owned the land that the Europeans 'grabbed' (Leased / purchased) not poor Africans it was the kings - did they buy it?

Who now owns the land that they are now selling to the west and east?

Are the present owners actually utilising the land or is Zimbabwe the basket case of Africa not the bread basket anymore?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Who actually owned the land that the Europeans 'grabbed' (Leased / purchased) not poor Africans it was the kings - did they buy it?
      Why not do a little research on how land was used in areas like South Africa before the settlers landed? Yes, there were 'kings', like Shaka Zulu, but they didn't own the land and the poor had nothing. The african tribes were nomadic across their territory .... the settlers rocked up, didn't see a town or city, so just settled where they felt like it (the clue is in the name settlers) ... when the land owners came back to their land they were fought off and killed. Hence why the likes of Shaka formed an army, to try to defend the lands that had been stolen from them.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Are the present owners actually utilising the land or is Zimbabwe the basket case of Africa not the bread basket anymore?
      I'll let you read why Zim is so buggered ... I'll give you a clue though, the natives have nothing and all the land and farms are 'owned' by descendants of the original settlers who stole the land from the natives.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Why not do a little research on how land was used in areas like South Africa before the settlers landed? Yes, there were 'kings', like Shaka Zulu, but they didn't own the land and the poor had nothing. The african tribes were nomadic across their territory .... the settlers rocked up, didn't see a town or city, so just settled where they felt like it (the clue is in the name settlers) ... when the land owners came back to their land they were fought off and killed. Hence why the likes of Shaka formed an army, to try to defend the lands that had been stolen from them.

I'll let you read why Zim is so buggered ... I'll give you a clue though, the natives have nothing and all the land and farms are 'owned' by descendants of the original settlers who stole the land from the natives.
        Sounds like the history of any land. Our land has has been overrun by conquerors who simply took over. OK a while ago but the same thing. Africa isn't unique and anyone can go back far enough to find what they had was taken and used by someone else.

Perhaps those rampaging peoples who came out of the rift valley should compensate whoever was on the lands they took over. Or perhaps those horrid Arab slave traders should compensate nice North European girls and their men for the various slave raids they made

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
          Perhaps those rampaging peoples who came out of the rift valley should compensate whoever was on the lands they took over.
          The 'rampaging' early humans migrated over thousands of years from the rift valley to populate the world. As the first humans, they would not have encountered any other humans as they left the African continent and moved North into Europe.

They would have encountered Neanderthalls ... as you and Vetty seem to be direct descendants and were displaced by us humans, maybe you should put in a claim on behalf of your ancestors
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Britain would be much better if the rampaging Angles, Saxons, etc, went back home, but that means those raging Angles, Saxons, etc would have to take responsibility for themselves for a change, and not blame others
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
            X