• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wagatha Christie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Its not as exciting as Depp versus Heard (where is the poo) but just as sad.
    There are certain similarities though...

The defendants in both cases are relying on the waterworks to gain sympathy - so much for "Girl Power".

However I'd argue that Depp has truly been wronged by Heard and his case is definitely less frivolous than that of a couple of tarts who became famous not through any talent of their own (none that you'd discuss in polite company anyway) but because of who they married.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

And it's cost Vardy over £3 million...
      https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ie-libel-trial

Rebekah Vardy will have to pay up to £1.5m to Coleen Rooney in legal fees after losing yet another stage in the “Wagatha Christie” libel trial.

The high court on Tuesday decided that Vardy must pay 90% of Rooney’s court costs, a larger proportion than in many equivalent cases. The judge imposed the punitive charge partly because Vardy deliberately destroyed WhatsApp messages and other evidence relevant to the trial.

As a result Vardy will have to hand over £800,000 immediately to Rooney. Pending further legal discussions, she will then have to make further payments up to a maximum of £1.5m. On top of this, Vardy will have to pay her own legal costs, which could bring her combined bill to well over £3m.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

boo hoo!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

boo hoo!
          You are kinder than I am over this.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

There are certain similarities though...

The defendants in both cases are relying on the waterworks to gain sympathy - so much for "Girl Power".

However I'd argue that Depp has truly been wronged by Heard and his case is definitely less frivolous than that of a couple of tarts who became famous not through any talent of their own (none that you'd discuss in polite company anyway) but because of who they married.
            The world was severely wronged by Heard, have you seen Aquaman?

I agree the WAGs have few redeeming features or interest for me.

Comment

Wonder what the cost of weeks of front page 'exposure' would cost?
              Maybe the Yanks are right 'No such thing as bad publicity'

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                Wonder what the cost of weeks of front page 'exposure' would cost?
                Maybe the Yanks are right 'No such thing as bad publicity'
                In modern times with #metoo and new levels of morality its thankfully getting less true.

Comment

In modern times with #metoo and new levels of morality its thankfully getting less true.
                  New, lower levels.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X