• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Wagatha Christie

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wagatha Christie"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

In modern times with #metoo and new levels of morality its thankfully getting less true.
    New, lower levels.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Wonder what the cost of weeks of front page 'exposure' would cost?
    Maybe the Yanks are right 'No such thing as bad publicity'
    In modern times with #metoo and new levels of morality its thankfully getting less true.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Wonder what the cost of weeks of front page 'exposure' would cost?
    Maybe the Yanks are right 'No such thing as bad publicity'

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

There are certain similarities though...

The defendants in both cases are relying on the waterworks to gain sympathy - so much for "Girl Power".

However I'd argue that Depp has truly been wronged by Heard and his case is definitely less frivolous than that of a couple of tarts who became famous not through any talent of their own (none that you'd discuss in polite company anyway) but because of who they married.
    The world was severely wronged by Heard, have you seen Aquaman?

I agree the WAGs have few redeeming features or interest for me.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    boo hoo!
    You are kinder than I am over this.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    boo hoo!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    And it's cost Vardy over £3 million...
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ie-libel-trial

Rebekah Vardy will have to pay up to £1.5m to Coleen Rooney in legal fees after losing yet another stage in the “Wagatha Christie” libel trial.

The high court on Tuesday decided that Vardy must pay 90% of Rooney’s court costs, a larger proportion than in many equivalent cases. The judge imposed the punitive charge partly because Vardy deliberately destroyed WhatsApp messages and other evidence relevant to the trial.

As a result Vardy will have to hand over £800,000 immediately to Rooney. Pending further legal discussions, she will then have to make further payments up to a maximum of £1.5m. On top of this, Vardy will have to pay her own legal costs, which could bring her combined bill to well over £3m.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Its not as exciting as Depp versus Heard (where is the poo) but just as sad.
    There are certain similarities though...

The defendants in both cases are relying on the waterworks to gain sympathy - so much for "Girl Power".

However I'd argue that Depp has truly been wronged by Heard and his case is definitely less frivolous than that of a couple of tarts who became famous not through any talent of their own (none that you'd discuss in polite company anyway) but because of who they married.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Its not as exciting as Depp versus Heard (where is the poo) but just as sad.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Vardy is as thick as mince.

Is it worth the £2M they are spending between them so Mrs Rooney can defend the libel claim brought by Mrs Vardy on the basis of truth and public interest?

https://news.stv.tv/entertainment/re...christie-trial

Rebekah Vardy had to have the the expression “Davy Jones’ locker” explained to her in a surreal moment during her high-profile libel claim against Coleen Rooney.

The court was also reminded that Ms Watt’s phone had fallen into the North Sea following a preliminary hearing, when Mr Sherborne said that messages between Ms Watt and a journalist from The Sun are “lying at the bottom of the sea in Davy Jones’ locker”.

Mrs Vardy replied: “Who is Davy Jones?”

“It means at the bottom of the sea,” Mrs Justice Steyn said.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 12 May 2022, 16:57.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    From what I have read I can't see Vardy winning this however I am sure the judge and jury have equal contempt for both parties.
    I would love to hear their barrister joking to each other.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    From what I have read I can't see Vardy winning this however I am sure the judge and jury have equal contempt for both parties.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    A very tawdry affair.

I can't understand why Rebekkah Vardy has an agent or why she would need a side hustle selling dirt to the tabloids.
    Cos she wants to be a celebrity but has no talent at all otherwise she would star in a musical.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    How much money is too much, and how qualified is over qualified?
    Not settling out of Court like advised in the preliminary hearing.

One has this bloke - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Tomlinson

The other has this bloke - https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...ister-23877973

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    On the WhatsApp angle, do WA archive messages or is this only stored on local devices and user-backups?
    This is for android users https://faq.whatsapp.com/android/cha...story/?lang=en you can google for iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    A very tawdry affair.

I can't understand why Rebekkah Vardy has an agent or why she would need a side hustle selling dirt to the tabloids.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X