• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy St Georges day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy St Georges day

Who's got their flag flying

I'm not celebrating the life of a bastard who was nasty to little dragons.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

W​​​​hich St George is that?

The Turkish one who is the patron saint of Ethiopia, Malta, Gozo, Portugal, Rio de Janeiro, Aragon....

He doesn't seem very particular.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        W​​​​hich St George is that?

The Turkish one who is the patron saint of Ethiopia, Malta, Gozo, Portugal, Rio de Janeiro, Aragon....

He doesn't seem very particular.
        like most religious figures accuracy & fidelity aren't important.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yay, let's celebrate a Turkish bloke, who never in his life visited England, and is buried in Israel
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I thoroughly enjoy the annual complaints that the 'PC Brigade' are preventing people from celebrating St Georges day.
            Last edited by TheDude; 25 April 2022, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
              I thoroughly enjoy the annual complaints that the 'PC Brigade' are preventing people from celebrating St Georges day.
              That's because St George's day has been hijacked by gammons (who probably won't realize that Priti Patel would deport him to Rwanda if he were to visit the UK now)

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

That's because St George's day has been hijacked by gammons (who probably won't realize that Priti Patel would deport him to Rwanda if he were to smuggle himself undocumented into the UK now)
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

That's because St George's day has been hijacked by gammons (who probably won't realize that Priti Patel would deport him to Rwanda if he were to visit the UK now)
                  He would have come here if we'd stayed in the EU, along with 80 million other Turks, wasn't that the claim?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

He would have come here if we'd stayed in the EU, along with 80 million other Turks, wasn't that the claim?
                    he has been dead for centuries so that is unlikely but I suppose he could be related to Jesus but just a heavy sleeper.

Yes it was so fanciful the EU introduced legislation to return migrants to Turkey (after the Brexit vote) and

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/legis...nt-action-plan

On 18 March 2016, the European Council and Turkey reached an agreement aimed at stopping the flow of irregular migration via Turkey to Europe. According to the EU-Turkey Statement, all new irregular migrants and asylum seekers arriving from Turkey to the Greek islands and whose applications for asylum have been declared inadmissible should be returned to Turkey.
                    The Turkish application is still open, its stalled because even France & Germany don't like Erdogan they may sell him a few weapons though.

Comment

Working...
                    X