• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virtue Signalling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtue Signalling

I need to know. If I allow the refugees staying with us to park their UA registered car on our drives, will our neighbours think we're virtue signalling? Our house is worth £1.65M.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I need to know. If I allow the refugees staying with us to park their UA registered car on our drives, will our neighbours think we're virtue signalling? Our house is worth £1.65M.
    Bullet holes in the doors would be an extra talking point!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

On a slightly different note it appears that some UA cars may not be insured for use in the EU. This came to light in the Bulgarian news whereby sadly a number of expensive UA cars belonging to Ukrainian refugees have been stolen by Syrian refugees and driven back to Syria to sell. As the cars are only insured in UA there is no claim.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You can buy a house for that little?

I think Bonzo's kennel is worth more.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Depends how large your mortgage is
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

What sort of car is it? It will probably increase the value of your property.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post

You can buy a house for that little?

I think Bonzo's kennel is worth more.
              The village where I was brought up (south wales valleys) - you could probably buy the entire place for that!
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Didn't know you had moved to Sluff? Those 2 bed terraced houses are a bit poky!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X