• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another US cop goes rogue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another US cop goes rogue

This is going to end well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

REVEALED: Bodycam reveals Florida officer yelled 'I will remove your f***ing soul' at black man during arrest before he choked a female cop who tried to pull him off the suspect
    • Christopher Pullease is under criminal investigation for the November incident
    • The Sunrise, Florida police sergeant assaulted a 27-year-old female officer after threatening to kill a black detainee
    • 'I will remove your f****** soul from your f****** body,' he told the cuffed man
    • The suspect had earlier threatened to shoot officers if they kept following him
    • Pullease turned his anger toward a colleague who tried to defuse the tension
    • He shouted an expletive at her and said, 'Don't ever f****** touch me again' after briefly grabbing her by the throat and pushing her
    OK the suspect was being a tosser but the Police officer is off to Prison hopefully soon.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    OK the suspect was being a tosser but the Police officer is off to Prison hopefully soon.
    De-escalating potentially nasty situations with tossers is - or should be - a major part of the skillset of being a police officer. Other countries seem to manage this far better than the US, although admittedly they are generally at less risk of being shot.

Comment

I don't know how many police officers a nation of 300m has but I imagine a lot. Statistically one of them is probably brutalising a suspect several times a day. People get killed in mass shootings most days in the USA, it's not really news.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I don't know how many police officers a nation of 300m has but I imagine a lot. Statistically one of them is probably brutalising a suspect several times a day. People get killed in mass shootings most days in the USA, it's not really news.
        it sadly will be.

Its a tough job and a few will fail.

Comment

True, unfortunately, but still on a totally different scale to the UK. The US police kill on average 3 citizens a day. We had one case of police shooting and killing someone in 2020/21, the most recent figures available - although there were other deaths following "police contact" that weren't shootings.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

True, unfortunately, but still on a totally different scale to the UK. The US police kill on average 3 citizens a day. We had one case of police shooting and killing someone in 2020/21, the most recent figures available - although there were other deaths following "police contact" that weren't shootings.
            I hadn't realised it was 3 a day, blimey they only muck up occasionally then.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I hadn't realised it was 3 a day, blimey they only muck up occasionally then.
              Kind of bonkers when you think about it. Scaled for population, that would be over 4 a week here.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Kind of bonkers when you think about it. Scaled for population, that would be over 4 a week here.
                its because everyone has guns

https://everytownresearch.org/report...ce-in-america/

Every day, more than 110 Americans are killed with guns and more than 200 are shot and wounded.1 The effects of gun violence in America extend far beyond these casualties—gun violence shapes the lives of millions of Americans who witness it, know someone who was shot, or live in fear of the next shooting.

Comment

In the UK the police only shoot to death a handful a year (https://www.inquest.org.uk/fatal-police-shootings) but then they rarely have guns. This page may or may not be accurate but paints a similar picture: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...United_Kingdom

If the following is true though, it really puts it into stark perspective...
                  Many of the killings were by the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) during the Troubles in Northern Ireland. Police in Northern Ireland killed 56 people during the conflict, including at least 30 civilians and at least 20 paramilitary members
                  56... during the entire period. According to this, US police kill over 1000 every year BAU (https://www.prisonpolicy.org/blog/20...olicekillings/) obviously population is a factor but still... although if you look up stats for "police related deaths" you get very different figures, I don't have time to dig properly.
                  Last edited by d000hg; 30 March 2022, 13:06.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If the following is true though, it really puts it into stark perspective... 56... during the entire period.
                    Yup, the CAIN figure is 55 out of the 3,532 over the 32 years.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X