• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody wanting to help Syrian/Palestinian/Yemeni refugees?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody wanting to help Syrian/Palestinian/Yemeni refugees?

Don't bother because they don't have blonde hair or blue eyes and we can justify their slaughter.

People are, and have been for some time. I don't think an extra 2 million of them suddenly left their countries en masse in the last month though, did they? Poland isn't on the verge of collapse from their sudden influx in one of the great humanitarian disasters of our time, is it.

Good grief.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ukrainian refugees are overwhelmingly women and children the men have stayed to fight as opposed to refugees from the ME that are overwhelmingly young men. Furthermore, Ukraine are our neighbours fighting on the front line of a war in Europe. Moreover, remember who were dancing in the streets at 9/11. The three countries you mentioned are ALL under the influence of Iran and Russia and have voiced their support of Russia in the invasion of Ukraine.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

People probably are less likely to want to take in Syrians etc. but it isn't a simplistic race issue. There would be genuine concerns about the major cultural differences, followers of ISIS or Hamas may be a terror threat.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The black Ukrainians aren't being allowed out
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I would still suggest our best way of helping is to create refugee safe areas and support Poland rather than welcoming them here.

Our money will go further and repatriating them after the war will be easier.

Also NATO/UN support in Poland and other Ukraine neighbours will send a strong message to Putin without escalation.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              Don't bother because they don't have blonde hair or blue eyes and we can justify their slaughter.
              Little bit racist there. Here's a photo of some Ukrainian refugees.

Quick question - are you helping Syrian/Palestinian/Yemeni refugees? Taken any into your home?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                People probably are less likely to want to take in Syrians etc. but it isn't a simplistic race issue. There would be genuine concerns about the major cultural differences, followers of ISIS or Hamas may be a terror threat.
                Such as the Syrian 25 years old child who bombed Parsons Green Station.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Such as the Syrian 25 years old child who bombed Parsons Green Station.
                  Ahmed Hassan? Iraqi.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    The black Ukrainians aren't being allowed out
                    Not entirely true. What has been happening is that they're constantly being sent to the back of the queue in favour of Ukrainian nationals. But they are getting through.

Comment

Working...
                    X