• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting article on background to Ukraine conflict

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting article on background to Ukraine conflict

2022-03-14 The Architects of Our Present Disaster

It's a mostly fact-based and largely dispassionate account of the plotting and scheming that led to the present parlous situation in Ukraine.

I haven't been able to find out much about the author, as Google results are overshadowed by Dustin Hoffman's character of the same name in the film The Graduate!

He doesn't conceal his disdain for the US State Department though, or the current US leadership.

Biden declared upon taking office, “America’s back,” which is only true if you define America as a government run by insane kleptocratic clowns whose problem-solving abilities amount to those of a farmer who sets fire to his cotton fields to drive out the boll weevils.

These are people who think they’re clever enough to deal with powerful foreign countries run by sane people. They’re not, and those foreign powers have taken note of that fact. The kind of Americans the world fears or respects have been put out of government and military leadership and replaced by a menagerie of nursing home patients, human resources ladies, affirmative action hires, sexual degenerates, and obese four-star generals angling for board seats on the next Theranos start-up.

The day of reckoning has arrived. Leaders like Putin, Xi, and Mohammed bin Salman are no longer amenable to being pushed around and morally browbeaten by the circus freaks that constitute the United States Government. ..
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    2022-03-14 The Architects of Our Present Disaster

It's a mostly fact-based and largely dispassionate account of the plotting and scheming that led to the present parlous situation in Ukraine.

I haven't been able to find out much about the author, as Google results are overshadowed by Dustin Hoffman's character of the same name in the film The Graduate!

He doesn't conceal his disdain for the US State Department though, or the current US leadership.

The website American Greatness trumpets itself as "the leading voice of the next generation of American Conservatism". Not surprising that he doesn't like Biden much.

Other articles by Benjamin Braddock, you can find here. Pro-ivermectin, pro-hydroxychloroquine. Definitely a voice of wisdom.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Fact based ...... ? Or right wing opinions?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        I think by fact based he means "stuff he agrees with".

Comment

It's almost as though these alt-right lot admire the likes of Putin, Xi, and Mohammed bin Salman.

Maybe they would have also admired Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini back in the day.

If that's the sort of leader they hanker for, they should be careful what they wish for.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Shades of "Hurrah for the Blackshirts!".
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Some of the article obviously comes over as hostile to the current US leadership, and I pointed out an example in my post. But that's not to say it is entirely partisan. It could be in part the author's disgust for the US State Department's crass and short-sighted machinations (if his account is to be believed). However I do believe him, because I've read similar accounts on other sites.

In the end though, I only posted it as background info, which some people might find interesting to get a fuller picture of all these shenanigans. But they can take it or leave it as they see fit. I really don't care, and don't wish to waste time and effort on another left vs right, Russia 100% evil everyone else 100% good, bust up.
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 21 March 2022, 15:15.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The current administration is doing a good job of making the Trump tenure look vastly superior. I'll take mean tweets over spiralling inflation and WW3 any time, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  I really don't care, and don't wish to waste time and effort on another left vs right, Russia 100% evil everyone else 100% good, bust up.
                  Funny, the only people who claim anyone thinks that Russia 100% evil everyone else 100% good, or claim that anyone thinks that is what the war is about, are those who are trying to deflect from the fact that Putin decided to invade a free democratic counrty. Which is really the key point. Talk about good/evil is just deflection - of the kind that Kremlin propagandists like to sow.

So well done you (and TwoWolves) for being sucked into the narrative the Kremlin present for you and propagating it.

A an extra gold star for TwoWolves for trying to bring up how great Trump is. You know, the former president who withheld hundreds of millions of dollars in aid for Ukraine's defense to pressurise Volodymyr Zelenskyy to investigate Joe Biden, and his son, Hunter Biden.

Anyway. This thread is converging with the other Ukraine thread. So locked.

Comment

Working...
                  X