• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petrol prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol prices

165.9 for 1l of Diesel at my local Tesco, was 155 or so two days ago.
    I know why it's going up, but why is it so much higher than a couple of years ago when crude oil prices were much higher than they are now, but price at the pump was in the 1.30s

Crude hit $116 today, but back down to $110. Looking at the charts last time it was over $100 was back in 2014

But you are right it was $130 back then.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 3 March 2022, 20:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
      Crude hit $116 today, but back down to $110. Looking at the charts last time it was over $100 was back in 2014
      Yes but at the time the price at the pump was much lower why?

Comment

same levels as 2011-2014 but price at pump significantly higher

but it's not corporate greed at all. and inflation is good, deflation is bad.

know your place serf!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Yes but at the time the price at the pump was much lower why?
          Profiteering.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It must be the exchange rate!
            GBP is now weaker than in 2014 due to Brexit!!

Back in 2014 a $100 priced barrel of crude cost £60 but today it costs £75.

A 25% increase in GBP.

That explains the 25% increase in price on the forecourt!
            Last edited by Fraidycat; 3 March 2022, 20:18.

Comment

Er, plot the price per barrel in GBP as Fraidycat notes. It is now much higher than in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by eirikur View Post
                165.9 for 1l of diesel at my local tesco, was 155 or so two days ago.
                I know why it's going up, but why is it so much higher than a couple of years ago when crude oil prices were much higher than they are now, but price at the pump was in the 1.30s
                aysycotbac?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The only sensible solution is solar panels and an electric car. https://www.drivingelectric.com/your...e-electric-car
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    The only sensible solution is solar panels and an electric car. https://www.drivingelectric.com/your...e-electric-car
                    Why do the lots of electric cars around me have a steering wheel lock?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X