• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petrol prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in North Herts, in a town that only has Shell, BP or Esso. No supermarkets. Petrol is about 1.65 - 1.70. But drive 10minutes to Stevenage (Sainsburys) and its back down to 1.50ish.

I read somewhere that Shell price matches within a 3mile period and as there isnt a supermarket to compete they can do what they want.

I usually go Costco. Its the cheapest around, although you do need the costco membership to fill up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Why is it still "cheap" where you are? Here (South-ish) Shell 170.9 Esso 170.9 Tesco 165.9 For 1l of Diesel. Petrol a couple of pence cheaper
      Could it be based on when the station gets its own tanks filled? It seems unlikely they'd be pricing it per-station on "what we paid for it" but you never know.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Reading BP service station, tonight, is 183p for petrol and diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Could it be based on when the station gets its own tanks filled? It seems unlikely they'd be pricing it per-station on "what we paid for it" but you never know.
          The most expensive petrol station walking distance from me is where the emergency services fill up their vehicles, few normal motorists use it.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

First one to spot £2 a litre wins a prize!

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I only top up once a month at most so I'm very lucky that I don't need to drive regularly.

Comment

Working...
              X