• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this video recommended to me by the youtube Algo. It is from University of Chigago.

It is from 2015, but the guy basically predicts what is going to happen, "The west is leading Ukraine up the primrose path and Ukraine is going to get wrecked". And he says the best of interest of Ukraine was to remain militarily neutral between Nato and Russia. Otherwise it is going to get wrecked.

Thats was his conclusion starts at 44 minutes in to the video.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post

Putin fan Jog On quoting an extreme right Trump, Putin and conspiracy theory supporting website should STFU
      Tell me what's theoretical about that article?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
        I had this video recommended to me by the youtube Algo. It is from University of Chigago.

It is from 2015, but the guy basically predicts what is going to happen, "The west is leading Ukraine up the primrose path and Ukraine is going to get wrecked". And he says the best of interest of Ukraine was to remain militarily neutral between Nato and Russia. Otherwise it is going to get wrecked.

Thats was his conclusion starts at 44 minutes in to the video.

Yes yes, it's all the West's fault. Blah blah. Have you considered going on a date with Jog On? In the meantime, here's Kasparov's take. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-698594
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If I were a Ukrainian soldier, this would scare me as much as the advancing Russian troops.

Ukraine's interior ministry also says 18,000 machine guns have been given to volunteers
          Imagine someone like AtW with an assault rifle
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            If I were a Ukrainian soldier, this would scare me as much as the advancing Russian troops.

They'd have to cancel the CUK Xmas do
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

There wouldn't be a dry-stone wall left standing in the Cotswolds!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
                I had this video recommended to me by the youtube Algo.
                I think I can see where you've gone wrong

Comment

FFS
                  https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/25/moldo...aine-16174874/

A Moldovan-flagged chemical tanker was hit by a missile in the Black Sea near Ukraine’s port of Odessea today.

Two people were injured by the blast, and it is still unclear who fired at the Millennial Spirit.

Previous media reports suggested the vessel was Romanian – leading to fears that Russia had attacked a NATO member.

But this has since turned out to be false, as Moldova’s naval agency confirmed the ship was from its country – which is not part of the defensive alliance.

The agency’s deputy director Vadim Pavalachi said the crew of the ship was Russian.

He said: ‘We just heard 10 minutes ago that all the crew were saved but two were seriously injured and are on the way to hospital.’

The tanker is small at 2,200 tonnes and the second commercial vessel to be hit since the invasion began.

Yesterday the Turkish-owned Yasa Jupiter cargo ship was hit by a bomb off Odessa.

There were no casualties on the ship, which was safely en route into Romanian waters, Turkey’s Maritime General Directorate said.

But the incident is likely to add to mounting fears that Nato could be eventually forced to wage a defensive war against Russia.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My mobile and fixed-line provider has just sent a text message to all subscribers that in view of the current situation all international calls between Ukraine and Switzerland will be free. Including roaming calls.

You can get a t-shirt here to support Ukraine charities on the ground. https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/char...id-of-ukraine/
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      You can get a t-shirt here to support Ukraine charities on the ground. https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/char...id-of-ukraine/
                      Nice, purchased. Russian war ship, go feck yourself, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X