• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    Live cam in Kyiv now here from 4 different cameras
    This account isn't verified on youtube. It started streaming 20 hours ago. Given Russia's misinformation campaigns, how can you be sure that anything on those visuals is genuine? You can't be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

That's a pathetically blinkered view
      No it's not. Go read Catherine Belton - Putin's People. As a professional journalist, working with many other journalists, ex KGB, ex FSB, oligarchs and more, she carefully detail every high worth link to Putin. Trump is part of that circle, laundering dirty money for Russians wishing to funnel money outside of Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

This account isn't verified on youtube. It started streaming 20 hours ago. Given Russia's misinformation campaigns, how can you be sure that anything on those visuals is genuine? You can't be sure.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

I compared the image on the left hand top with another camera in almost the same location (https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/we...an-square.html), weather and clouds match exactly, but there seems to be some delay when I compare the cars driving past
          Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

No sound of any shelling or gunfire?
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Demands came out yesterday which are being considered today. I've MoSCoW rated them for convenience:

Ukraine to become neutral - neither NATO nor Russia aligned - Must Have
              No hosting of offensive weapons systems - Must Have

The shoulds and coulds will follow after more discovery.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Let's see how Biden/Boris try and torpedo (see what I did there?) this:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/st...alks-headlines

“As you know, today the President of Ukraine Zelensky announced his readiness to discuss the neutral status of Ukraine”: Interfax reports Dmitry Peskov, Russian press secretary, said earlier today.
                “Initially, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the purpose of the operation was to help the LNR and the DNR, including through the demilitarization and denazification of Ukraine. And this, in fact, is an integral component of the neutral status”

“In this context, in response to Zelensky’s proposal, Vladimir Putin is ready to send a Russian delegation to Minsk at the level of representatives of the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the presidential administration for negotiations with the Ukrainian delegation”
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

There'll be nothing less than a total surrender of Ukraine.

If President Zelensky is lucky he'll get carted off to Moscow to stand trial for treason. If he's not he'll be invited to tea by a window.

It's a sh1t sandwich, no matter which way you look at it.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    Let's see how Biden/Boris try and torpedo (see what I did there?) this:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/st...alks-headlines

Putin fan Jog On quoting an extreme right Trump, Putin and conspiracy theory supporting website should STFU

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      There'll be nothing less than a total surrender of Ukraine.

If President Zelensky is lucky he'll get carted off to Moscow to stand trial for treason. If he's not he'll be invited to tea by a window.

It's a sh1t sandwich, no matter which way you look at it.
                      I still think the western 1/3 may stay free of Putin occupation, there's not much fighting going on over there right now and the most fanatical Ukrainian patriots live in that region. They are ready to fight a decades long guerrilla war if occupied by Russia again. The costs for Putin would be too high. On the other hand Putin may grab it anyway to avoid incursions from that region. Lots of mountains (Carpathians) and forests in that part of the country where they can hide and strike from

Comment

Working...
                      X