• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[OFFICIAL] Ukraine Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Yep, definitely deflecting. I'm sure Putin will reward their efforts.
    I did not mean those who protested it publicly in Russia - they took very high risks and history will remember them for it, who I meant were very wealthy very successful public Russian sportspeople who would get asylum anywhere if they said anything specific anti-war, rather than "I am for peace", also they were all sponsored and supported by the regime to further their global PR aims.

Comment

Day 3 - large tank attack on Kyiv is expected, could be 600-700 tanks going in, it's the last chance for Putin to show anything meanigful, but he got no chance now.

Barring nuclear escalation (which he is likely to threaten tomorrow - blaming British NLAWs and Javelins) he is done for, hopefully have sudden death even though he does not deserve it.

After that there will have to be methodical dismatling of his carefully cultivated apparatus - which will include RT and hopefully include his "useful idiots", we all know who they are

Comment

Didn't notice it the arts were included in the bans -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-60538275

Performances by the Russian State Ballet at theatres in Northampton and Wolverhampton have been cancelled following the invasion of Ukraine.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Didn't notice it the arts were included in the bans -
          The job will only be done when you see my posts getting auto-ba

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Germany now providing defensive weapons. Better late than never - fair play.
            Putin won't like that.

I wonder if there's anyone high up in Russia (eg. in the military) who could take Putin out if he ordered a nuclear strike?

That's my fear if things are going badly for him; that he might do something really desperate.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Putin won't like that.

I wonder if there's anyone high up in Russia (eg. in the military) who could take Putin out if he ordered a nuclear strike?

That's my fear if things are going badly for him; that he might do something really desperate.
              What is clear, Putin is not a stable person.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Even most of it isn't made there -

https://www.axios.com/russia-vodka-b...adab4cb1f.html

Some liquor stores and bars in the U.S. and Canada are taking Russian vodka off their shelves in protest of President Vladimir Putin's military invasion of Ukraine.
                The latest: Utah Gov. Spencer Cox (R) issued an executive order on Saturday evening "requiring the Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control to remove all Russian-produced and Russian-branded products from its shelves immediately," per a statement from the governor's office.

Comment

The Australian government has changed it's tune over weapons to Ukraine

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fede...27-p5a038.html

Australia will fund the supply of weapons to the government of Ukraine to help it fight Russian forces invading the country, stepping up its support days after saying it would only provide “non-lethal” military equipment.
                  Prime Minister Scott Morrison spoke to cabinet colleagues on Sunday morning to start sending the military supplies to Ukraine through allies such as the United States and NATO partners in Europe.

Comment

Japanese billionaire gives 1 billion yen to Ukraine

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/japa...kraine-2792457

Tokyo, Japan: Japanese billionaire Hiroshi "Mickey" Mikitani said Sunday he will donate $8.7 million to the government of Ukraine, calling Russia's invasion "a challenge to democracy".
                    The founder of e-commerce giant Rakuten said in a letter addressed to Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky that the donation of 1 billion yen ($8.7 million) will go toward "humanitarian activities to help people in Ukraine who are victims of the violence".

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

What is clear, Putin is not a stable person.
                      Apparently he's ready for peace talks in Belarus.

Oddly they didn't tell the Ukrainians it was happening there...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2024250.html

The Kremlin announced on Sunday that a Russian delegation has arrived in Belarusian city Homel for talks with Ukraine.
                      “The Russian delegation is ready for talks, and we are now waiting for the Ukrainians,” Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said.

Comment

Working...
                      X