• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jesus’s, I thought you were deed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus’s, I thought you were deed

Yes well, that’s how it feels to have taken a permie job well over a year ago, don’t get me wrong it’s north of a £100K + 10% pension + family health care + 30 days holiday + latest Mac books and iPhones + sick days + 90 days working abroad if you want + free bar in office (yes really) and working from home forever as another option (I’ve been in 4 times and I only live 40 mins local bus ride away - caught covid one time)

but Jesus’s

quarterly reviews
    Having to join well-being groups
    giving a tulip if co workers snuff it or leave
    people giving you birthday guff
    Giving 1/2 your salary to HMRC each month

but biggest thing is

having contractors that report to you (doing stuff you used to do) on £800 - £1K a day outside IR35 and buying stupid cars you used to buy

jesues I wish I was deed

Lolz

Think of it as a learning experience

Comment

Took a permi job in Nov encouraged by what some people around here were pedalling and well… resigned already.
      Finished 2nd of Febr, 3 months in.

can’t say it’s my shortest gig because did 3 days last year at a place.

I’d rather move to the other end of Europe and live in a small forgotten village full of drunkyards than have to deal with that nonsense for the rest of my life. I’d probably find more meaning there.

the presenteism, the ierarchy, the culture is toxic.
      I was stupid enough to be part of a team that had 2 employees in India… And guess what, they brought the culture with them. The idiots were doing 15h days. And if you are bellow their apparent status, they speak to you like a ******* donkey.
      I do not usually care but the money is not worth it. I am not working hard for the opportunity to pay bills and have maybe 1-2k left in my account at the end of the month. That’s indentured servitude.

btw, the big banks are no longer keeping up with the salaries so only the deadweight is left behind.

Comment

wtf

thought you'd been a bit quiet of late.

I'm planning on retiring in 4 months. That's what happens if you give your hard earned to Hargreaves Landsdown instead of Ladbrokes...

Comment

What?
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Sorry, I got as far as "local bus ride" and figured your account was hacked.

Can I borrow £20 in case you get on another one?

Comment

giving a tulip if co workers snuff it or leave
              I don't think anyone on here believes that you'd ever do that.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

In a permie job myself at the moment whilst I sort my head and life out. Thankfully I'm half decent at what I do so I don't get too involved in the tulip - there are some games I have to play, but I'm totally honest with my line manager and tell him it's all poo, but I'll do it to keep his boss happy as I know my boss also has to play the same games.

Not too onerous though ... 6 month tick box reviews, the odd H&S type course, attending dull meetings (all TEAMS so turn video off and just carrying working instead).

I'll go back contracting at some stage, but for the moment this works well for me personally.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Same here and TBH the games we have to play are easier than those that HMRC require these days.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    wtf

thought you'd been a bit quiet of late.

I'm planning on retiring in 4 months. That's what happens if you give your hard earned to Hargreaves Landsdown instead of Ladbrokes...
                    You are an ?

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X