• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Truth follows fiction when you're ₿ezos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truth follows fiction when you're ₿ezos

Originally posted by BBC
    Rotterdam has confirmed it will dismantle a historic bridge to allow a superyacht built for Amazon founder Jeff Bezos to fit through.

The record-breaking luxury yacht is being built by Dutch firm Oceanco and was linked to Mr Bezos last year.

The vessel is reported to be 417ft (127m) long and too tall to fit through the Koningshaven Bridge.

A spokesman for the mayor confirmed the plan to reporters, with Mr Bezos set to foot the bill through Oceanco.

Reports emerged in Dutch media on Tuesday that the middle section of the Dutch city's bridge, known locally as De Hef, would be temporarily removed to allow the 130ft (40m) high boat to sail through.

The move is controversial because the steel bridge has a long history, and is now a national monument. It previously went through a major renovation which saw it out of action from 2014 to 2017, when officials said it would not be dismantled again.
    Can you just imagine for a moment being so rich that you can get a national monument taken down to move your boat past? Picture St. Pauls being taken apart brick by brick and shifted a few feet to the left to improve your view, that's the sort of level we're talking here.

Just incredible.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

As a question - why did the ship builders tender for the job when they knew they could not get the boat out of the dock?
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      As a question - why did the ship builders tender for the job when they knew they could not get the boat out of the dock?
      Could have been built on the Clyde!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Maybe this was pre-agreed, or maybe they figured they wanted the job and it was his problem

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Maybe this was pre-agreed, or maybe they figured they wanted the job and it was his problem
          I doubt it was ever his problem, I have never brought a boat but I would expect that it would be delivered after testing at sea.

but “local boat builder takes down bridge” is not as good as “rich man arrogantly destroys town local land mark” for click bait

when you order a car do you know / care where it was built & how it got delivered to you?

Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

I doubt it was ever his problem, I have never brought a boat but I would expect that it would be delivered after testing at sea.

but “local boat builder takes down bridge” is not as good as “rich man arrogantly destroys town local land mark” for click bait

when you order a car do you know / care where it was built & how it got delivered to you?

I doubt the builder agreed to take down the bridge, if it were me I'd put in the contract he had to sort out getting the permissions.

Comment

Because they knew he can afford last minute charges, most likely contract was "delivery at the shipyard"

Comment

Or not:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-yacht-reports

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This is clearly due to the yacht builder who wants to avoid wasting several hundred million on a yacht they can't deliver. I suspect that Jeff Bezos would have no problem having his yacht built elsewhere.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    the MAYOR of Rotterdam is in Colombia?
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X