• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experiences of life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiences of life

Has anyone had any experience of life? Did it all pan out as you expected or did you meet some horrible people who made it difficult? Do you have any tips on how to cope with life? I'm about to embark on a new life and am interested to hear what people think of it.

Congratulations!
    Commiserations!
    (delete as appropriate)

I have had a few decades experience of life. It did not pan out as expected, hence why I spend an inordinate amount of time posting random stuff to strangers on the internet, and not flying a spaceship somewhere.
    Yes, you meet horrible people along the way. Some are deliberately horrible. Some are accidentally horrible. And some aren't really horrible but just misunderstood.

I think it's great when you have the opportunity to embark on a new life. Grab the opportunity with both hands! Learn frost he past, try to improve not he things that went well, try not to repeat the mistakes.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If I could do it all again I would have made a concerted effort to embark on a medical career rather than end up in software development by accident.

Comment

I have meandered through life, met some great people and some right tossers. I have been incredibly lucky both to change career a number of times and to meet a wonderful woman who gave me great kids. What made the difference is the people and opportunities I grasped with both hands - above all enjoy it.

Not what I planned, less coke and hookers than expected.

Don't say HWMBO is making an honest woman of you?
        Or are you getting a live in chef?

whatever happens good luck!

remember most happiness comes from our attitude:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candide

"we must cultivate our garden"

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
          If I could do it all again I would have made a concerted effort to embark on a medical career rather than end up in software development by accident.
          Ye gods no! Imagine having people's lives on your conscience, I can easily cope with not saving a few million quid or automating a process.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Looking back I should have gone into Tax rather than creating websites.

Couple of schemes back in 2000/2001 and I would be retired somewhere warm by now....

Instead 20 years later I'm writing software to fix the schemes and tidy an industry up.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Life is about living it as it comes and taking the opportunities that present themselves. Never use hindsight or foresight to judge the present but live in the moment and be happy

Comment

Remember that self-help book title "Feel the fear and do it anyway"?

Well have you met anyone who read the book from cover to cover? And if they claim they did do they remember it? No because the title says enough.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

JFDI
                  Use it or lose it...
                  If you have the chance....
                  Trust me on this...
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

This was supposed to be a parroty thread!

Comment

Working...
                    X