• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO: LadyMuck & AtW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO: LadyMuck & AtW

If you want to shift gear into a proper car, there’s a good deal on a 3 year old, but high mileage (79,000)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...o=65000&page=1

most others for sale are pushing 4 years old, lower miles and over £50k. Good chance to grab a bargain.

Note that it’s an 8 speed box rated to 750bhp, more than the squirrel lover is used to.
    if I wasn’t happy with The Toy and wanted a newer one, I’d be looking at this as an option.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

That is nice
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Looks evil.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        If you want to shift gear into a proper car, there’s a good deal on a 3 year old, but high mileage (79,000)

most others for sale are pushing 4 years old, lower miles and over £50k. Good chance to grab a bargain.

Note that it’s an 8 speed box rated to 750bhp, more than the squirrel lover is used to.
        if I wasn’t happy with The Toy and wanted a newer one, I’d be looking at this as an option.
        I'm told that now is a terrible time to buy a second hand car, because sales of new ones have been delayed and reduced by the current chip shortage, which means second hand cars are more in demand and thus shooting up in value.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

If it's approaching 80k miles, I imagine there will be some mahoosive service bills on the horizon, hence the discount. And it's an Alfa, so you might want to take out AA membership...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I am used to actual 550 bhp of engine power, not poncy 2.9 V6

The only Italian car I might buy is a Ferrari anyway, any other car will have to have a PDK, otherwise it's worth sheet...

Comment

It's been prepped for sale well. I can't even see where the Taxi plate was attached anymore.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Here's a 2018 Stelvio with about 32K miles that's far more affordable.

https://stat.vin/cars/ZASFAKNN0J7C02036

Click image for larger version

Name:	resizer?imageKeys=30618402~SID~B614~S0~I1~RW2592~H1944~TH0&width=845&height=633.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	4201631

Comment

Originally posted by ravenshaw View Post
                  Here's a 2018 Stelvio with about 32K miles that's far more affordable.
                  And with much lower chance of breaking down suddenly...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I'm told that now is a terrible time to buy a second hand car, because sales of new ones have been delayed and reduced by the current chip shortage, which means second hand cars are more in demand and thus shooting up in value.
                    Yes, I'm looking at new cars at the moment and my BMW is the same trade in value as it was 2 years ago However new cars have increased in price as well

Comment

Working...
                    X