• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone any experience with night vision optics?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone any experience with night vision optics?

The WifeTM has suggested getting me an NV scope for my birthday. Just wondering if anyone has one.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

I couldn't give LM the attention she craves without them.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I know the proper ones cost a small fortune from a YouTube chappie who covered it. Why does she want you sneaking around in the dark?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

WTFH at the next CUK meetup!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          The WifeTM has suggested getting me an NV scope for my birthday. Just wondering if anyone has one.
          Get 3rd gen auto-gated

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            It depends on what you mean by NV
            Some NVs just have large optics; typical 1914-1918 war type
            Some use IR, I have an IR version but I needed an extra source for it to be of any use. IR LEDs burn out quickly, they get very hot.
            True NV needs a battery to enhance the image, these can be used in starlight conditions. They cost a few thousand.
            Best NV are not available to the public but if you managed to get one it would be about £50k upwards but they are wow, just like daylight in B&W.

How about a heat vision one, much cheaper and more useful.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

How about a heat vision one, much cheaper and more useful.
              He can't watch the neighbours shagging on a hot day or in the pool with one of them. erm.. apparently.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Given my association with a certain company, I remember looking at the ME-20 and ML-105, but this is more for watching wildlife down the garden.
                Needs a range of about 200metres, self illuminating.
                The WifeTM doesn’t have the same budget as I might.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

He can't watch the neighbours shagging on a hot day or in the pool with one of them. erm.. apparently.
                  If one can spy on one's neighbours, then one is either using a radio telescope or one's acreage is inadequate.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

If one can spy on one's neighbours, then one is either using a radio telescope or one's acreage is inadequate.
                    Or one owns a night vision drone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	drone-1024x684.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	4201282

Comment

Working...
                    X