• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next Prime Minister will be ........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My money on Lord of Siberia

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      I'm astonished that anyone thinks Gove could get past the Tory membership. He's a busted flush thrown in a toilet with a busted flush.
      He could join Labour Party perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Sunak will pledge to cut taxes as quickly as necessary to gain the leadership and put up taxes.
        Same tulip all the time really, we'll have mal here argueing that those future tax increases are better than what Labour would have done

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Same tulip all the time really, we'll have mal here argueing that those future tax increases are better than what Labour would have done
          No you won't.

Because it's self evident anyway. Read any Labour manifesto, or study a little history...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Because it's self evident anyway. Read any Labour manifesto, or study a little history...
            At least Labour would not be breaking their manifesto promises regarding taxes, unlike Tory Scum

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              He also gave huge amounts of free money to business owners, I think he's bought enough good will to counter that. Despite being super rich, he also manages to come across as a normal, nice guy. After the Boris Rollercoaster that might be welcome. Gove is the safe/boring option, he's pretty intensely disliked by Labour voters but then they aren't going to vote Tory so maybe it doesn't matter.
              Possibly, perhaps if it happens soon, but he is the chancellor and we are heading into what is very likely to be the worst year in decades for people's personal finances. Tax rises and raging inflation (they estimate 6-7% CPI, what's the betting we hit 10? and RPI will be way ahead of that) actually affect the average voter far more than any reports of GDP etc. I think things could get pretty ugly for the Tories (and the country) and I'm not sure they even have anyone left who could win them the next election.
              My guess, FWIW, is Truss - but only if she can get onto the final ballot.

Comment

At least Labour would not be breaking their manifesto promises regarding taxes, unlike Tory Scum
                Labour at least improve the NHS and other public services when they raise taxes. We will shortly have the highest tax take for 70 years, all while public spending has been decimated. Not really a vote winning combination.

Comment

Oh yes, forgot the bit in the tory manifesto about dealing with an unexpected, hugely expensive and damaging medical emergency. Sorry...

Ignoring the unnecessary class invective, no Labour government has been faced with the fiscal challenge we've had over the last two years. Tax rises were inevitable from day one, either to pay for what has been done to keep us afloat or to pay for the extended recovery period if they had done nothing.

But let's not let reality intrude too far.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FI06Sj-X0AMMhjF?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	4199652

The best man for the job. Yep Larry The Cat
                    Former IPSE member
                    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
                      raging inflation (they estimate 6-7% CPI, what's the betting we hit 10?
                      They'll manipulate stats to keep it lower than 10% for sure, where as unavoidable large costs like gas/electric will be 50%+ in a few months

Comment

Working...
                      X