• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One will lose 2 billable days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One will lose 2 billable days

Originally posted by BBC News
    Buckingham Palace has unveiled the full line-up of celebrations to mark the Queen's Platinum Jubilee this year.

It will culminate in a four-day UK bank holiday weekend from 2 to 5 June.
    For the record I'm a big fan of Her Highness, as are most who voted against unelected leaders telling the UK what to do
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

For the record I'm a big fan of Her Highness, as are most who voted against unelected leaders telling the UK what to do
    Why do you hate the House of Lords?

I can't speak for other non-xenophobes, but I'm a fan of Her Majesty.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Why do you hate the House of Lords?
      Shall I start?

- Some of the dubious characters who were my former constituency MPs have ended up in there.
      - They put people who believe one type of sky fairy in there by right but not people who believe in other sky fairies.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Shall I start?
        It's a shame this wasn't a rhetorical question

I think the queen has probably won a lot of people over who aren't really monarchists, especially recently. Seems to handle her position with grace and takes it very seriously... even with all the Prince Andrew mess she seems to avoid much public critique. It'll be very sad when she goes. Real end-of-an-era stuff.

I imagine when she inevitably is succeeded we'll see a big rise in "abolish the royal family" feeling because Charles is sadly a bit of a buffoon. William seems well thought of, generally?

Comment

I imagine when she inevitably is succeeded we'll see a big rise in "abolish the royal family" feeling because Charles is sadly a bit of a buffoon. William seems well thought of, generally?
          If she could pass the crown directly to William that would be better (in my opinion) and probably more popular.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

If she could pass the crown directly to William that would be better (in my opinion) and probably more popular.
            I think a lot of non-die-hard monarchists would agree but it does rather go against the whole point of the monarchy. When whats-his-name abdicated it rocked things pretty severely.
            I have no idea if Charles has any thoughts in that direction, possibly he is more interested in his gardening and environmental work. One assumes everyone WANTs to be king but it's clearly a heavy yoke.

Comment

If you were such a big fan you'd at least get the honorific title correct for Her Majesty. Or are you talking about Kate/Camilla?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Why would one lose billable days? One bills for whatever tasks one chooses to work on whatever days.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Why would one lose billable days? One bills for whatever tasks one chooses to work on whatever days.
                  How long do you think it takes to cover the company Transit in George Crosses?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

If you were such a big fan you'd at least get the honorific title correct for Her Majesty.
                    The facts prove you wrong, because I am, and I didn't. I am a fan of the Queen, not a staunch monarchist.

Comment

Working...
                    X