• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get her up the duff for baby jesus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get her up the duff for baby jesus

Not done this one? apparently we need to breed so the nice muslims don't outnumber the christians sort of restores your faith...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ldren-selfish/

Pope Francis lamented Wednesday that manycouples are choosing to have pets over children, saying that a trend of forgoing child-rearing “takes some of our humanity away.”

The pontiff started his weekly addressat the Vatican by praising the paternal virtues of the biblical Joseph. But his reflection on the importance of parenthood shifted to a warning about dwindling birthrates, encouraging people to “take the risk of welcoming children,” biological or adopted.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Haven't the Catholics been promoting this line since time immemorial? That's where the Monty Python sketch in the meaning of life came from. So I'd hardly expect a change in policy now.

Demographic trend analysis shows the global population levelling off pretty soon anyway. Probably a good thing and even Catholics don't listen to the Pope anymore.

Comment

The Catholics I've known for the past 40 years never listened to the Pope.

I've no problem with people not having children, but treating a dog or a cat as a replacement for a child...
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Not done this one? apparently we need to breed so the nice muslims don't outnumber the christians sort of restores your faith...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ldren-selfish/
        pot kettle black... The pope has no kids, perhaps he should change the doctrine as it may have a double benefit and have less kiddie fiddling priests
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          The Catholics I've known for the past 40 years never listened to the Pope.

I've no problem with people not having children, but treating a dog or a cat as a replacement for a child...
          Although I would say, I am pleased those people got a pet instead of having a baby.

Being a child free, pet free person. I am not being selfish, I am saving the planet. I fly first class to subsidise travel for the poor. People should be more grateful that people like me exist.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Although I would say, I am pleased those people got a pet instead of having a baby.

Being a child free, pet free person. I am not being selfish, I am saving the planet. I fly first class to subsidise travel for the poor. People should be more grateful that people like me exist.
            Likewise, although we are not pet-free, but all our pets are re-home or rescue and we wouldn't breed from any of them.

There's too many unloved creatures in the world. If you're going to get one, no matter what sort of creature, then consider adopting rather that breeding.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

People who tell you not to have children to save the planet tend to be the same ones telling you we need to immigration to keep society running.

And world population growth is not flattening. Africa will double its population in the next 30 years and probably double it again in the following 30 years. It already cant feed itself and is an importer of food so god knows what hell that will turn into.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

pot kettle black... The pope has no kids, perhaps he should change the doctrine as it may have a double benefit and have less kiddie fiddling priests
                So you're saying that if you stop having sex with women, you start wanting to fiddle young boys?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  People who tell you not to have children to save the planet tend to be the same ones telling you we need to immigration to keep society running.
                  That's called spreading the world's populations around the globe.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  And world population growth is not flattening. Africa will double its population in the next 30 years and probably double it again in the following 30 years. It already cant feed itself and is an importer of food so god knows what hell that will turn into.
                  Ahh so I see you support and campaign for the funding of education of girls and contraceptives in developing countries.....

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Doggo-mommas and such? Ugh.

Modern science seems to say that rising population will not lead to overpopulation (they have graphs and everything) and that having fewer children will be a bigger problem, but when they're also saying humans are the main drive for the coming Climatapocalypse it seems incongruous to me to be espousing population growth.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X