• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I for one welcome our new grey overlords

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one welcome our new grey overlords

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-rampage.html

Bloodthirsty grey SQUIRREL terrorises town by biting 18 victims in 48-hour rampage that leaves many too scared to leave their homes
    • A 'rogue' grey squirrel attacked 18 people in Welsh town of Buckley, Flintshire
    • He was nicknamed 'Stripe' by locals after the evil character in the Gremlins film
    • After a two-day rampage, Stripe was caught in a cage by Corrine Reynolds, 65
    • Mrs Reynolds says the town 'can breathe a sigh of relief' now he is with RSPCA

now we know what AtW has been up to!

Click image for larger version

Name:	52293089-10349867-Corinne_Reynolds_65_pictured_with_the_squirrel_before_it_began_t-a-56_1640695286663.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	4197710
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

You beat me to it.

PS But I read it in the Guardian!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ing-welsh-town
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

“too scared to leave their homes”.

Comment

Damn things seem to be taking over: there's fecking millions of the little bastards.

There was one on the bird feeder yesterday & would be an ex squirrel if I could still shoot straight.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Damn things seem to be taking over: there's fecking millions of the little bastards.

There was one on the bird feeder yesterday & would be an ex squirrel if I could still shoot straight.
          You need a blunderbuss.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

One thing I can't understand about nature. If hedgehogs etc. are dying out due to habitat loss etc. how come grey squirrels can do so well?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

One thing I can't understand about nature. If hedgehogs etc. are dying out due to habitat loss etc. how come grey squirrels can do so well?
              Hedgehogs aren't very bright, to put it mildly, and are set in their ways, literally as they toddle around practically the same meandering path every night. Squirrels are the opposite, and of course they have a bigger habitat since theirs is 3D and it's safer for them up in the trees.

I used to have a soft spot for grey squirrels. But I've gone off them since finding out they eat birds' eggs and fledglings, as well as stripping bark from ten year old trees and destroying them by the thousand.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I used to have a soft spot for grey squirrels. But I've gone off them since finding out they eat birds' eggs and fledglings, as well as stripping bark from ten year old trees and destroying them by the thousand.
                Vermin
                Never had a soft spot for them above the age of 9 when I realised how nasty they were.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Back in the day the "bob a tail" thing from the Forestry Commission was enough to pay for the shotgun shells.

The RSPCA are apparently distressed that they've finally been forced to follow the law & off the little bastard rather than letting it go as has been their habit in times past.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                  X